The University of Twente is providing the Professional Development Grants for international students who are interested in short-term training and courses for the academic year 2021-2022.
The Professional Development Grants will be awarded to students who want to undertake short-term, non-degree training to upgrade their knowledge and skills through short courses, workshops, symposiums, conferences, and professional exchanges. The applicants are eligible to receive the awards if they apply from an eligible country and have the necessary education.
The University of Twente is a public technical university ranked 197th in QS Global World Rankings 2021 and is also among the top public universities in the Netherlands. It has a clear mission to ultimately create a people-first university of technology where society is empowered through sustainable solutions.
Why study at the University of Twente? The University of Twente offers students high-quality, internationally oriented master’s studies. They are pioneers infusing technology, science, and engineering with social sciences to impact the world around them. The University of Twente opens up unexpected possibilities in combination with creativity and excellence in science disciplines. It holds a world-class reputation in many areas, including nanotechnology, biomedical technology, information technology, governance studies, sustainable energies, and high-tech systems.
Application Deadline: 1st June 2021
- University or Organization: University of Twente
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s
- Award: $6,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Congo – Brazzaville, Congo – Kinshasa, Ecuador, Fiji, French Guiana, Gabon, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Indonesia, Kenya, Laos, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students are eligible to apply for master’s degree certification in Environmental & Energy management and Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Environmental Modelling and Management.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must belong to an eligible country.
- The applicants must be currently residing in their home country.
- The applicants must not be enrolled in any other academic programmes.
- The applicants must have at least three years of paid work experience in a conservation-related field in their home country and must have their employer’s approval to participate in the proposed training.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The interested students are required to complete the online application form of the university and confirm their enrolment in the university. The accepted applicants will be considered. No separate application for the opportunity is required.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Academic transcripts
- Copy of passport (student details)
- Motivation letter
- Financial statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold relevant bachelor’s degree certification to support their master’s application and secure admission at the University of Twente.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain minimum required scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- CAE – A, B or C grade
- CPE – A, B or C grade
The university, under this grant, will provide the selected applicants up to $6,500 upon request to cover training-related costs, including registration fees and tuition, meals and accommodations, books and materials, international travel, visa fees, and local transportation.