Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowships PSL in astrophysics at Paris Observatory, PSL Research University in France. Fellowships are open to applicants from any nationality.
Paris Observatory is one of the largest astronomical centres in the world with 650 permanent staff out of a total of 1000 personnel, and 840 publications per year. It represents one third of French astronomy with teams covering a wide range of fields and participating in the largest instrumental, theoretical/numerical and experimental projects of modern astronomy.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: November 18, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in astrophysics at Paris Observatory. Successful applicants will be expected to conduct research related to the priorities of the Paris Observatory laboratories, of the Virtual Observatory Paris Astronomical Data Centre, and to the themes and programs highlighted by the Paris Observatory Scientific Council for the 2019 – 2023 period:
- Solar physics and heliosphere
- Solar system
- Exoplanets and conditions for life
- Stellar physics
- The Galaxy
- Cosmology, galaxy formation and evolution
- Interstellar medium
- High-energy astrophysics, compact objects, Active Galactic Nuclei
- Fundamental physics and gravitational waves – High performance computing in astrophysics
- Laboratory physics and astrophysics.
- Scholarship Award: The gross monthly salary for a full-time position amounts to roughly 2,630 €. Successful candidates will also benefit of the attractive French system for full health insurance and retirement pension.
- Nationality: Fellowships are open to applicants from any nationality.
- Number of Scholarships: Four fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are open to applicants from any nationality.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Fellowships are open to applicants from any nationality. Only research plans developed in coordination with a team from Paris Observatory will be eligible.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications have to be submitted to via e-mail.
Please send us:
- A CV (including date of birth);
- A two-year research program including a plan for the first year-Limited to a maximum of 4 pages;
- A complete list of publications and a separate list of first-author publications;
- The PhD certificate or, if not yet earned, the date of defence;
- A support letter from the hosting team;
The application must consist of a single pdf file whose size may not exceed 2 Mbytes.
Two letters of reference must be sent directly by scientists outside of the Paris Observatory to the same address.