The Q-Life Institute of PSL for quantitative biology is awarding Interdisciplinary Master Award in Life Sciences of PSL University. International and French students are eligible to apply for this application .
PSL covers all areas of knowledge: science, engineering, arts, humanities and social sciences. Discover our training, our research projects, the abundant life of our 17,000 students and the perspectives of our new university model, with Paris as campus and the future as the horizon.
User Review( votes)
English is used as the working language for both teaching and internships.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2018
- Course Level: award is available to pursue master programme.
- Study Subject: award is awarded in the field of Life Sciences. The first oral examination is in Life Sciences, whereas the second one is selected in the online application among one of the following disciplines: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences.
- Award: The Q-Life Institute of PSL for quantitative biology offers competitive Master’s scholarships (€10,000/year) to follow year 1 and /or year 2 of the Interdisciplinary Master in Life Sciences (IMaLiS).
- Nationality: International and French students are eligible to apply for this application .
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given
- The award can be taken in France
Eligible Countries: International and French students are eligible to apply for this application .
Entrance Requirements: The Q-Life Institute of PSL for quantitative biology offers competitive Master’s scholarships (€10,000/year) to follow year 1 and /or year 2 of the Interdisciplinary Master in Life Sciences (IMaLiS) to two types of students:
- Students holding a foreign bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or in another discipline with a demonstrated background in Life Sciences,
- Students holding a French Master 1 or 2 degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences (including French engineering school students).
The conditions for application are as follows:
- Students holding a foreign bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, or in another discipline, but with a demonstrated background in Life Sciences, are eligible to IMaLiS and its program, at either the Master 1 or Master 2 levels (Master 2 applications require completion of a 4-year bachelor or a Master 1). The level of admission will take into account both student wishes and faculty evaluations of the candidacy. If a student is recruited at the Master 1 level, s/he may obtain a one-year scholarship that can be renewed for one additional year to cover the second year of IMaLiS. If recruitment takes place at the Master 2 level, the fellowship will be awarded for one year only. However, after completion of the Master 2 year, students are eligible to apply for additional fellowships under the auspices of the PSL Institute of Innovation and Technology or to pursue PhDs in PSL laboratories.
- Students holding a French Master 1 degree or equivalent (i.e. having completed the second year of engineering school) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences who have demonstrated the interest in Life Sciences are eligible for the opportunity program and for the IMaLiS Master 1, to gain complementary training in Biology. In this case, renewal of the fellowship for continuation in the Master 2 program is not guaranteed but can be obtained on a competitive basis.
- Students holding a French Master year 2 degree or equivalent (i.e. engineering school diploma) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences who have demonstrated an interest in Life Sciences are also eligible for the opportunity program and for the IMaLiS Master 2.
- Recipients of Master’s scholarships spend their second-semester internships in Q-Life laboratories, pursuing interdisciplinary Life Science projects. Acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of the prior degree.
English Language Requirements: English is used as the working language for both teaching and internships.
How to Apply: Application for a scholarship automatically includes application to the IMaLiS Master’s program (only one application is required). You will need to complete the PSL online application form for M1 or M2. (Opening at the beginning of March 2018) and to upload the following documents:
• A curriculum vitae, including the coursework you have completed and details of the subjects and modules that have made up your higher education to date.
• An ID photo.
• A letter of motivation (typewritten), introducing yourself, indicating how you foresee your professional career, what the graduate program will bring you, and by specifying the courses that you would like to follow, in particular, if it concerns the specialized courses offered by the institutes Curie and Pasteur.
• Scans of your bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and of your undergraduate and postgraduate academic transcripts. Please supply any available official information regarding your relative ranking (e.g. top 5%) and the number of students in the class.
• Two or three letters of recommendation to be uploaded to the platform by professors or researchers who know you well.