The Sokoine University of Agriculture is pleased to announce a call for applications for four (4) PhD scholarships within the fields of phytochemistry specifically on identification and characterization of antimicrobial active ingredients;, antimicrobial resistance, quality assurance and the market for GRPs in Tanzania.
The aim of the scholarships is to support higher education and training of Tanzanian scholars working or with the potential to work in research and academic institutions.
The Sokoine University of Agriculture is a public university in Morogoro, Tanzania, specializing in agriculture. The university is named after the country’s second prime minister Edward Sokoine.
- Application Deadline: April 20, 2018
- Course Level: Selected PhD candidates will register as full-time PhD students at SUA and will have an opportunity to take PhD level courses and specialized laboratory analysis and other types of training at the University of Copenhagen (UCPH) in Denmark.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the fields of phytochemistry specifically on identification and characterization of antimicrobial active ingredients; antimicrobial resistance, quality assurance and the market for GRPs in Tanzania.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover tuition fees, a monthly stipend and research costs based on successful deliverables.
- Number of Scholarships: There are four (4) PhD scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Tanzania
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Tanzanian students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
PhD #1 and PhD #3: Holders of MSc in Natural products and Value addition, Phytochemistry, Analytical chemistry, Ethnopharmacology, Biology, Ethnomedicine, Traditional medicine or other equivalent master degrees with proven experience with analytical chemistry from a recognized University.
PhD #2: Holders of MSc in Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Ethnopharmacology, Microbiology, Biology or Biotechnology or other equivalent master degrees with proven experience in research on antimicrobial resistance from a recognized University.
PhD #4: MSc in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics, Agribusiness Management, MA in Economics-Minor Agricultural Economics or other equivalent master degree. Knowledge in Entrepreneurship, qualitative and quantitative data collection and advanced econometrics will be an added advantage.
Potential applicants are hereby invited to submit the following:
- Motivation letter,
- Curriculum vitae maximum two pages (including information on academic carrier and specialization and publications),
- Academic transcripts and certificates,
- Three names of academic referees whereby at least one of them being the immediate work supervisor, and a 2-3 pages concept note on one of topics listed above relevant to His/her application. The concept note should contain an outline of the problem statement and rationale for the proposed study, objectives, methodological approach and expected outputs.
How to Apply:
The applications should be submitted electronically.