The Queen Mary University of London is delighted to offer PhD studentship in Intelligent Robotic Manipulation starting in January 2019. This studentship is available to EU candidates only.
The objective of the PhD project is to employ techniques of artificial intelligence, human-robot interaction and force/tactile sensing to achieve human-like performance in the robotic manipulation of objects, using state-of-the-art robotic platforms (robot arm and hand) and interacting with other researchers in a vibrant and multidisciplinary research environment.
User Review( votes)
The Queen Mary University of London is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It dates back to the foundation of London Hospital Medical College in 1785.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Applications Deadline: November 15, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the field of Intelligent Robotic Manipulation. Applications are invited for a full PhD Studentship starting in January 2019 to undertake research in the area of Intelligent Robotic Manipulation, in the context of the EPSRC UK project “MAN^3: huMAN-inspired robotic MANipulation for advanced MANufacturing”.
- Scholarship Award: It is funded by Queen Mary University of London for 3 years will cover student fees and a tax-free stipend starting at £16,777 per annum.
- Nationality: This studentship is available to EU candidates only.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This studentship is available to EU candidates only.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Candidates should have a first-class honours degree or equivalent, or a good MSc Degree, in electrical or mechanical engineering, computer science, or a field closely related to robotics. Strong motivation to aim for excellence is essential. Very good programming skills (C/C++, Python) are also required, possibly including previous experience with ROS. Applicants with advanced knowledge of robotics, control, machine learning, artificial intelligence, tactile sensing and/or previous research experience in these fields, are particularly encouraged to apply.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply: To apply, please follow the online process by selecting ‘Electronic Engineering’ in the ‘A-Z list of research opportunities’ and following the instructions on the right-hand side of the web page.