The Queen Mary University of London is delighted to offer PhD studentship in Intelligent Robotic Manipulation for the academic year 2019-20.
The objective of the PhD project is to employ techniques of artificial intelligence, human-robot interaction and force/tactile sensing to achieve human-like performance in the robotic manipulation of objects, using state-of-the-art robotic platforms (robot arm and hand) and interacting with other researchers in a vibrant and multidisciplinary research environment.
Fab choice for aspirants
User Review( votes)
The Queen Mary University of London is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It dates back to the foundation of London Hospital Medical College in 1785.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Applications Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue a PhD program.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the field of Intelligent Robotic Manipulation. Applications are invited for a full PhD Studentship starting in January 2019 to undertake research in the area of Intelligent Robotic Manipulation, in the context of the EPSRC UK project “MAN^3: huMAN-inspired robotic MANipulation for advanced MANufacturing”.
- Scholarship Award: It is funded by Queen Mary University of London for 3 years will cover student fees and a tax-free stipend starting at £16,777 per annum.
- Nationality: This studentship is available to EU candidates only.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: This studentship is available to EU candidates only.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should have a first-class honours degree or equivalent, or a good MSc Degree, in electrical or mechanical engineering, computer science, or a field closely related to robotics. Strong motivation to aim for excellence is essential. Very good programming skills (C/C++, Python) are also required, possibly including previous experience with ROS. Applicants with advanced knowledge of robotics, control, machine learning, artificial intelligence, tactile sensing and/or previous research experience in these fields, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- How to Apply: To apply, please follow the online process by selecting ‘Electronic Engineering’ in the ‘A-Z list of research opportunities’ and following the instructions on the right-hand side of the web page.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.