The Quantum Software Consortium (QSC) is delighted to offer Ada Lovelace postdoctoral Fellowships for the duration of 3 years.
This fellowship aims to hire talented female researchers.
User Review( votes)
“Quantum computation will both call on and enable algorithms for increasingly sophisticated quantum gadgetry. Within 100 years it will become the central method of chemistry and materials science.” This visionary quote by Nobel Laureate Frank Wilczek [Wil16] echoes the sentiment of many researchers in the field, but we may not have to wait a hundred years.
- Applications Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programe.
- Study Subject: The consortium is organized around three themes of algorithmic development: for quantum computers, for quantum networks, and for quantum cryptography. A fourth hardware theme, the demonstrator, provides a distributed quantum-computing network linking the three sites of the consortium and The Hague, to test designs arising from the three software themes.
- Scholarship Award: The appointment/contract for three years will be at one of the QSC-partners, according to the terms of employment of the Dutch Universities or that of the Research Institutes. The salary, depending on experience, will approximately be between 3300 and 4852 euro gross per month, plus twice-yearly approximately a month salary bonus.”
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Candidates can be proposed in the following two ways:
(1) Proposal by one of the QSC Senior Researchers.
(2) Application by the candidate, accompanied by a supporting letter by a QSC Senior Researcher.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: In both cases, the proposal should include
– CV and list of publications,
– Description of the proposed research,
– Description of embedding in the QSC (preferred location, collaborators),
– Up to three names of scientists who can be contacted for reference letters.
You can submit your application to the QSC office. Email: office-at-quantumsc.nl.