Spend your summer working in the future. Sounds like a pretty big deal to just start with a simple internship, doesn’t it? But Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is looking for the next generation of dreamers, inventors, rebels, risk takers, and pioneers.
The Systems Engineering Internship Summer 2019 is a full-time, 3-month program open to all students who are studying toward a master degree in the field of Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
User Review( votes)
Working at Qualcomm may be the closest you’ll get to experiencing time travel. You won’t just work in a labor write lines of code. Their interns join world-class teams to help define and build what is next for mobility and the world.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Engineering – Systems
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Corporate Research & Development
Internship can be taken in the U.S. (Locations: California – San Diego, California – Bay Area, California – Irvine, Colorado – Boulder, Massachusetts – Boxborough, Michigan – Auburn Hills, New Jersey – Bridgewater, North Carolina – Raleigh, Pennsylvania – Philadelphia, Texas – Austin, and Arizona – Chandler.)
To be eligible, applicants must:
- In study towards a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Must be available for at least 3 months. (May-Sept 2019)
- Coursework or project experience in communication theory, signal processing, error correcting codes, information theory, probability, and random processes, digital communications, DSP.
- Proficient to expert programming ability in C/C++, Perl, and Matlab
- Knowledge of radio communication theory and digital signal processing (DSP) as well a solid background in cellular communication systems across layers.
- Knowledge and/or applicable experience in MIMO, OFDM, CDMA.
- Experience with wireless standards (4G LTE, 5G NR, mmWave, IOT, C-V2X, Bluetooth, WLAN, etc.)
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
- In addition to competitive pay and accrued vacation time, you will receive full relocation coverage and furnished housing accommodations for the duration of your internship
- Applicants will be paired with a mentor with visibility to your project and team, receive support from your manager and have access to the entire Qualcomm employee community to ensure your success.
Qualcomm will make sure you have fun outside of work with weekend surf lessons & beach days, networking opportunities with Qualcomm executives and professionals, company-wide mentorship program platform, overnight hackathon, community service opportunities, and so much more…
Certain program offerings are only available in certain office locations or to those who qualify based on pre-determined criteria. Specific benefits provided for given roles and locations will be detailed at the time of offer. All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams and in the Company.
As a Qualcomm Systems Engineering intern:
- You have the opportunity to push the boundaries of what exists and establish the new standards for tomorrow.
- You will work as an equal contributor on a team of leading engineers to innovate on CDMA Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) and architect, analyze and simulate cutting-edge, next-generation wireless networks.
- You will leverage your advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering to characterize and improve the performance of networks for voice, packet data, video telephony, and video streaming services while identifying functionality for which minimum performance requirements should exist.
- You may take the lead on generating and consolidating performance requirements data and conducting analysis and evaluation of critical performance metrics for 4G and 5G wireless platforms.
Potential Project Responsibilities & Technologies:
- Wireless Modem ASIC Systems
- Physical Layer Systems Design
- Audio/Video/Graphics Multimedia
- MAC Layer Systems Design
- Digital Signal Processing
- OFDM Development
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Full-time, 3 months. (May-Sept 2019)
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing.