To develop a reliable college application, students can apply for the Questbridge College Prep program and receive exclusive awards and opportunities.
The Questbridge is seeking high-achieving high school juniors from low-income backgrounds who have shown outstanding academic ability despite financial challenges.
Wonderful opportunity for US high school seniors to get the study fund for a college education.
User Review( votes)
QuestBridge aims to help talented low-income students financially with leading colleges and opportunities. So that students can attend the best colleges in the country and get to achieve success in their career. Founded in 1994, it is a national nonprofit based in Palo Alto, California.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2019
- University or Organization: Questbridge
- Department: NA
- Course Level: College Education
- Award: Travel, tuition, and room & board
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: US Citizens
- The award can be taken in the United States
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Academically outstanding high school juniors who demonstrate strength in character
- Students from families earning less than $65,000/year for a family of four
- Any high school junior, regardless of citizenship, currently attending high school in the U.S., is eligible for the College Prep Scholars Program.
- S. Citizens and Permanent Residents living abroad are eligible for the program.
- International students living outside the U.S. are not eligible.
- Applicants must be high school juniors who are planning to apply to college during the fall of their senior year.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the awards, applicants must submit a free, online College Prep Scholars Program application.
- Note: When you apply as a junior, the application will automatically carry over for the National College Match when you’re a senior. The award also giving a head start on applying for a full four-year scholarship to college partners.
- Supporting Documents: The application includes an essay, short answer questions, and information on your academic accomplishments, extracurricular activities, and financial background. Also, students must submit a letter of recommendation, a high school transcript, any standardized test score reports to-date (PSAT, SAT, ACT Aspire, ACT, SAT Subject Tests, or AP test scores accepted).
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have PSAT or SAT scores >1280 and ACT composite score >27. The program also recommends submitting any ACT Aspire, AP, IB, or SAT Subject Test scores.
The program will provide benefits as the following:
- A full award to a college summer program at Stanford, Yale, Emory, UChicago, and more.
- financial aid positions will cover travel, tuition, and room & board.
- To enhance your college application, Quest for Excellence Awards including up to $1,000 for a new laptop and other resources (online courses, test preparation, test registration fees, and more).
- An invitation to a QuestBridge National College Admissions Conference at Penn, Vanderbilt, or Pomona.
- Campus visits to QuestBridge College partners.
- Be one-on-one admissions telementoring from Amherst College students.
- Have specialized guidance and resources for the college application process.
- Will get access to an online community of peers who are also applying to top colleges.