The Queensland University of Technology is offering International PhD Positionsin Social and Economic Network. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2023/2024.
The scholarship program provides a living stipend of $37,000 per annum, inclusive of a base stipend of $30,000 per annum, as well as a top-up of $7,000 per annum. Eligible applicants must have a research master’s degree from the Queensland University of Technology.
A valuable offer to get financial support for PhD study in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Application Deadline: November 10, 2022
- Organization: Queensland University of Technology
- Department: N/A
- Course level: PhD
- Award Amount: Applicants will receive a living stipend of $37,000 per annum, inclusive of a base stipend of $30,000 per annum as well as a top-up of $7,000 per annum.
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and domestic students
- Subject: Building and planning, Business, Science, technology and engineering, and mathematics
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligibility: Students who can apply for PhD degree must have a research master‡s degree offered at the Queensland University of Technology
- The award can be taken in Australia.
The PhD project explores how social and economic networks affect the adoption of sustainable agricultural practices in the Great Barrier Reef catchments. It investigates how the globalization of food systems has contributed to food security and human health, as well as the rapid degradation of some natural systems. The aim is to shift to more sustainable agricultural practices, which depend on landholders‡ decisions to adopt management practices that will reduce environmental impact. The study looks at the complex factors influencing land management decisions to understand better how environmental programs and policies can be improved.
To qualify for entry to a PhD, you usually need to have achieved one of the following:
- Completed a research master’s degree
- Completed master by coursework degree or professional doctorate, with at least 25% research
- Graduated with an honors degree with a First Class or 2A Honours.
How to Apply
To apply, individuals must submit a CV and a one-page statement of possible research directions by 10 November 2022. Interested individuals are encouraged to discuss the project with Dr. Angela Guerrero before applying.
You will receive a living stipend of $37,000 per annum, inclusive of a base stipend of $30,000 per annum, as well as a top-up of $7,000 per annum for 3.5 years, subject to satisfactory progression. This amount is tax-exempt for full-time students.
You will also receive a full tuition fee offset (domestic students) or a full tuition fee sponsorship (international students) for a maximum of 4 years.