If you are looking for an opportunity to expand your career into the field of Geology and Mineralogy, you must check out the Deas Thomson Scholarships at the University of Sydney for the academic year 2023-2024.
The students who enrol in an honours degree study in Geology or Mineralogy within the School of Geosciences at the University of Sydney are eligible for this award. International and domestic students can both apply. The applicants must hold an unconditional offer letter to be considered for this scholarship award valued at $6,000.
The University of Sydney Deas Thomson International Scholarships, Australia
Nice offer for worldwide students to study with Deas Thomson Scholarships at the University of Sydney, Australia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1850, the University of Sydney is a public research university and the oldest university in Sydney, Australia. As one of the country’s six sandstone universities, it is one of the best universities in Australia, consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world.
Why choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is placed 1st in Australia and 20th in the world according to the 2021-2022 University Ranking by Academic Performance. Sydney aims to make lives better by producing society leaders and equipping its people with leadership qualities so they can serve their communities at every level.
Application Deadline: The application pathway will close on 31st January 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: School of Geosciences
- Course Level: Honours in Geology and Mineralogy
- Award: $6,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can undertake Geology or Mineralogy study at the University of Sydney School of Geosciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission in honours within the School of Geosciences at the University of Sydney.
Deas Thomson Geology & Mineralogy Scholarship in Honours
- Candidates must be a domestic or international student
- For Deas Thomson Geology Scholarship – study Geology within the School of Geosciences
- For Deas Thomson Mineralogy Scholarship – study Mineralogy within the School of Geosciences
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must access the university portal to apply for admission. The scholarship application form must be completed and submitted separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates (testamurs)
- Scholarship documentation
- Marriage/change of name certificate
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements for admission to the School of Geosciences at the University of Sydney.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests: IELTS– 6.5
The University of Sydney will award the winning candidates a scholarship worth $6,000 towards their honours study.
There are two scholarships valued at:
- Deas Thomson Geology Scholarship in Honours: $6,000
- Deas Thomson Mineralogy Scholarship in Honours: $6,000