Trinity College, University of Cambridge is offering Ramanujan Research Studentship for students who wish to undertake research in Mathematics. Student should hold a first class honours degree or its equivalent from any university or comparable institution in India.
The Ramanujan Studentship is normally awarded for nine months in the first instance, while the student takes the course leading to the MASt in Mathematics. Subject to completion of the MASt with a Distinction and registration for the PhD degree, the Studentship will then be renewed for up to three further years, subject to satisfactory progress.
User Review( votes)
Trinity College is a constituent college of the University of Cambridge in England. With around 600 undergraduates, 300 graduates, and over 180 fellows, it is the largest college in either of the Oxbridge universities by a number of undergraduates.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: January 18, 2019
- Course Level: Studentship is available for pursuing PhD research programme at the Trinity College, University of Cambridge.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the field of Pure or Applied Mathematics of Cambridge.
- Award: For a student who has no support or only partial support from any other source, the studentship covers:
- Graduate Course Fees,
- Maintenance allowance (at up to the minimum rate set by the University), and a
- Return ticket from India to the United Kingdom.
If the Studentship is renewed for the PhD, another return ticket from India to the United Kingdom will be awarded. The applicant may also be considered for a discretionary maintenance allowance for the period between completion of the MASt and commencement of PhD.
- Number of Awards: Numbers are not given.
- Nationality: Indian students
- The award can be taken in UK
- Eligible Countries: Indian students can apply for this studentship.
- Entrance Requirements: Eligible applicants must:
- Hold a First Class Honours degree or its equivalent from any university or comparable institution in India,
- Be citizens of India,
- Have applied for admission, or already received an offer of admission, for the MASt degree in Mathematics at the University of Cambridge,
- Not yet have been members of the University of Cambridge as an undergraduate or graduate student
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
An award will be conditional upon the applicant being accepted by the University’s Graduate Admissions Office for a course in the University. The successful applicant(s) must become member(s) of Trinity College on taking up the Studentship.
How to Apply: For a copy of the Preliminary Application Form, please email gradfunding-at-trin.cam.ac.uk. Completed Preliminary Application Forms must be returned by post or email to arrive no later than 18 January 2019.