Trinity College, University of Cambridge is offering Ramanujan Research Studentship for students who wish to undertake research in Mathematics. The student should hold a first-class honours degree or its equivalent from any university or comparable institution in India.
The Ramanujan Studentship is normally awarded for nine months in the first instance, while the student takes the course leading to the MASt in Mathematics. Subject to completion of the MASt with a Distinction and registration for the PhD degree, the Studentship will then be renewed for up to three further years, subject to satisfactory progress.
Worthy offer for candidates
User Review( votes)
Trinity College is a constituent college of the University of Cambridge in England. With around 600 undergraduates, 300 graduates, and over 180 fellows, it is the largest college in either of the Oxbridge universities by a number of undergraduates.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: January 10, 2020
- Course Level: Studentship is available for pursuing PhD research programme at the Trinity College, University of Cambridge.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the field of Pure or Applied Mathematics of Cambridge.
- Number of Awards: Numbers are not given.
- Nationality: Indian students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Indian students can apply for this studentship.
- Entrance Requirements: Eligible applicants must:
- hold a First Class Honours degree or its equivalent from any university or comparable institution in India,
- be citizens of India,
- have applied for admission, or already received an offer of admission, for the MASt degree in Mathematics at the University of Cambridge,
- not yet have been members of the University of Cambridge as an undergraduate or graduate student
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- How to Apply: For grasping the opportunity, you have to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the university. An award will be conditional on the applicant being accepted by the University’s Graduate Admissions Office for a course in the University.
- Supporting Documents: Your application is not complete without the required supporting documentation which must be submitted through the Applicant Portal as part of your application. If the supporting documents, including references, are not provided with your application will not be considered and your application will be withdrawn when the course deadline has passed. Please check your course’s entry to see what supporting documents you will be required to submit. For more information on what the specific requirements of each document are, and how to submit them, please see the section on Supporting Documentation.
For a student who has no support or only partial support from other sources, the studentship covers:
- Graduate Course Fees,
- maintenance allowance (at up to the minimum rate set by the University), and
- a return ticket from India to the United Kingdom.