Student Veterans of America and Raytheon invite application for veterans scholarships available to students pursuing engineering degrees or a degree in a closely related field. Applicant must be a current student veteran, as proven by a DD 214 and transcript and must be attending full-time at an accredited four-year university in the United States. Up to three (3) STEM scholarships of $10,000 will be awarded.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded for pursuing an engineering degree or a degree in a closely related field: Software Engineering / Computer Science / IT, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security / Network Security, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to students entering their sophomore, junior or senior year of undergraduate study or be enrolled in a graduate program for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Scholarship Provider: Student Veterans of America and Raytheon
Scholarship can be taken at the USA
Worthy offer for applicants
User Review( votes)
All successful candidates must:
- Be a U.S. Army veteran
- Be entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year of undergraduate study, or be enrolled in a graduate program for the current academic year
- Be attending full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and passion for their chosen field of study
- Demonstrate leadership and engagement in their community
- Be a current student veteran (includes members of the National Guard or Reserve), as demonstrated by a DD 214 and current transcript
- Have received an honourable discharge; must be a veteran in good standing
Scholarship Open for International Students: These veterans scholarships are open for US citizens.
The number of awards (s): Student Veterans of America and Raytheon have partnered to provide two scholarships.
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover? The scholarship has a value of $10,000.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply
Student veterans must complete an online application, answer two essay questions, attach the required documents and have one letter of reference be submitted prior to the deadline to be considered. You must arrange for one letter of reference be emailed directly to SVA at scholarships-at-studentveterans.org. The email should contain in the subject, “2014 Raytheon-SVA Scholarship Letter of Reference for (Provide Your Name)”. Letters can also be mailed. All letters of recommendation must be sent by the author, signed by the author, and be on official letterhead.
Scholarship Application Deadline: April 26, 2019