The University of Aberdeen is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled research fellow committed to a career of research to appoint at the School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition. Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now open.
This position offered at the School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition at the University of Aberdeen is funded by the BBSRC and will be offered for a period of 33 months to the select students. The selected students will be provided a maximum salary of £38,587 per annum.
Marvellous opportunity for candidates in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1495, The University of Aberdeen is a public research university in Aberdeen, Scotland. It is an ancient university currently ranked 158th in the world and 22nd in the United Kingdom. It is also one of the three Scottish universities within the world’s top 200.
Why choose to study at the University of Aberdeen? The University of Aberdeen is committed to delivering outstanding teaching and first-class research to achieve which people are at the heart of everything at the university. The university is powering change for better businesses and better lives.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on 1st July 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Aberdeen
- Department: School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition
- Course Level: Research
- Award: £38,587
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: All interested students can apply. Both international and British.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the Research Fellow position at the School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition at the University of Aberdeen.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a background in obesity or diabetes research
- The applicants must have knowledge of transgenics, metabolic phenotyping and histochemistry.
- The applicants must have skills in the relevant research techniques (e.g. stereotaxic surgery, histochemistry, genotyping, tolerance tests, confocal microscopy, gene manipulation (CRISPR/Cas9), TaqMan, etc).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can make an application for this position via the online job application portal of the university. All eligible candidates will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to provide a copy of the PhD certification and prepare a CV.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a PhD in a relevant subject area such as molecular biology and neuroscience.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- Cambridge B2 First or C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency – 179
- Duolingo – 115
- LanguageCert Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International – overall Pass 38
- PTE – 62
The University of Aberdeen will provide the selected candidate’s salary of £34,304- £38,587 per annum which will be negotiable with placement according to qualifications and experience.