The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is offering Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship starting in October 1, 2019 or November 1, 2019 (at the choice of the candidate).
These are available to pursue Postdoctoral program. The postdoctoral grants are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career.
Fabulous Postdoctoral Fellowship in Belgium.
User Review( votes)
The FWO supports fundamental and strategic scientific research, stimulates international cooperation and promotes equal opportunity. A complete overview of all possible financing resources can be found at “Fellowships and Financing”.
Applications Deadline: Closed
This is available for Belgium citizens.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- You can apply for a junior postdoctoral study if your PhD was obtained not longer than 3 years before October, 1 of the year in which the study would start, or will be obtained at Jun 1 of that year at the latest
- These are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- You can apply maximum two times for the same program.
- You can always apply for a senior postdoctoral prize if you have previously enjoyed a junior postdoctoral education. In that case, the senior postdoctoral award must immediately follow the junior postdoctoral program.
- You can also apply if you have not had a postdoctoral program from the FWO before. In that case, you must prove that you have postdoctoral research experience of minimum 2 years on the first of October of the year in which the grant commences. (declaration by the Flemish host intuition)
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Transitional measures (if you already applied for a postdoc at FWO earlier)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Benefit: Salary scale: minimum € 4,053.81 – maximum € 6,319.49.