The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is pleased to offer two university scholarships each year full-time study over the academic year (February to November).
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) University Scholarships are offered every year for students who are entering their Honours, Masters or final year of PhD study at a New Zealand University.
Nice offer for students to pursue a degree in Economics, Finance or Banking with financial help in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
The aim of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is the country’s central bank which promotes a sound and dynamic monetary and financial system.
To be eligible applicants must be studying full time at a New Zealand University and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: Applications for 2020 Scholarships will be opening soon.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for students who are entering their Honours, Masters or final year of PhD study at a New Zealand University.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to students who are majoring in Economics, Finance or Banking.
- Scholarship Award: The value of each scholarship will be $10,000. In addition to the $10,000, an offer of employment is provided at the completion of their qualification. It is important to note that a condition of receipt of the scholarship is that you must accept the position with the Reserve Bank and must remain in that position for a specified period of time. Should this condition not be met you will be required to repay the sum of the scholarship payments made to you. The scholarship is valued at $1,500 in the first year, increased to $2,500 in the second year and $3,500 in the final year of study. The successful applicant will be paired with a Reserve Bank staff member who will act as a mentor. The mentor will make contact regularly during the scholarship programme and can assist with research, advice and provide the applicant with access to some of the resources at the Bank.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and International students who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand can apply for these university scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: The Reserve Bank of New Zealand offers two scholarships each year to students who are majoring in Economics, Finance or Banking and who are entering their final year of an Honours or Masters degree. Students must have attained at least a B+ average and be studying full time over the academic year.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there
Introduction – Applications for 2020 Scholarships will be opening soon. These are open to Honours or Masters students who will be able to start in a graduate role in 2020. Please note we may start considering applications as they are received so encourage you to apply early.
To apply, please submit the following information through our online system.
- A completed graduate application form
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your official academic transcript
- One recent essay that you have submitted as part of your degree
- A copy of your work visa or permit (if applicable)