The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is pleased to offer two university scholarships each year full time study over the academic year (February to November). The Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) University The studentships are offered every year for students who are entering their honours, master’s or final year of PhD study at a New Zealand University.
The aim of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand award is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
User Review( votes)
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is the country’s central bank which promotes a sound and dynamic monetary and financial system.
To be eligible applicants must be studying full time at a New Zealand University and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application deadline: March 11, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for students who are entering their honours, master’s or final year of PhD study at a New Zealand University.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to students who are majoring in Economics, Finance or Banking.
- Award: The value of each support will be $10,000. In addition to the $10,000, an offer of employment is provided at the completion of their qualification. It is important to note that a condition of receipt of The grant is that you must accept the position with the Reserve Bank and must remain in that position for a specified period of time. Should this condition not be met you will be required to repay the sum of the program payments made to you. The grant is valued at $1,500 in the first year, increased to $2,500 in the second year and $3,500 in the final year of study. The successful applicant will be paired with a Reserve Bank staff member who will act as a mentor. The mentor will make contact regularly during the program programme and can assist with research, advice and provide applicant with access to some of resources at the Bank.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and International students who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand can apply for these programs.
- Entrance Requirements: The Reserve Bank of New Zealand offers two scholarships each year to students who are majoring in Economics, Finance or Banking and who are entering their final year of an Honours or Masters degree. Students must have attained at least a B+ average and be studying full time over the academic year.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there
Introduction – Applications for the 2019 Graduate Recruitment Round are open 14 January – 11 March 2019. These are open to Honours or Masters students who will be able to start in a graduate role in 2019. Please note we may start considering applications as they are received so encourage you to apply early.
To apply, please submit the following information through our online system by 5 pm, Monday 11 March 2019.
- A completed graduate application form
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your official academic transcript
- One recent essay that you have submitted as part of your degree
- A copy of your work visa or permit (if applicable)