Rhodes University is welcoming applicants for its Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Programme. The fellowship is available for South African applicants in the field of Geopolitics and the Arts of Africa.
The aim of this fellowship is to Produce high-quality research outputs and Build research capacity through a cooperative research culture. The study award is awarded in the field of Geopolitics and the Arts of Africa.
Valuable for South Africa applicants to get a funded higher education in South Africa.
User Review( votes)
Rhodes University is a public research university located in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. It is one of four universities in the province. It is committed to democratic ideals, academic freedom, rigorous scholarship, sound moral values ??, and social responsibility.
Why study at Rhodes University? Established in 1904, Rhodes University is the province’s oldest university, and it is the fifth or sixth oldest South African university. The vision of the University of Rhodes is an excellent internationally respected academic institution, which proudly affirms its African identity.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2020
University or Organization: Rhodes University
Course Level: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Award: R210 000 per annum
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: South Africa applicants
The program can be taken in South Africa
- South Africa applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must have obtained their Ph.D. in a relevant discipline within the last five years.
- Candidates’ research needs to focus on the visual and performing arts of Africa and needs to intersect meaningfully with the program’s research areas.
- Candidates must be of exceptional merit as evidenced by the quality of their research.
Preference will be given to candidates based on the African continent.
- Candidates based in other global south contexts will be considered.
- Candidates need to demonstrate an ability to submit for publication at least two new articles based on original research in relevant accredited journals during the Fellowship.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email. Please email a brief Expression of Interest to Charmaine Mostert and request an Application Form. In the Expression of Interest includes your area of research, the date your PhD was awarded, the institution that awarded the degree, and your current institutional affiliation (if applicable). email: Mostert-at-u.ac.za
Benefits: The fellowship is worth R210 000 per annum(tax-exempt)