The Indiana University awards the Rising Star award in honor of Yaolin Wang. To be eligible, the applicants must be identifying as a female non-immigrant international student who is a freshman, sophomore, or junior at the time of nomination.
The scholarship recognizes a student who is building their future through involvement and engagement. At IU, you’ll receive a world-class education in a diverse and safe community with incredible opportunities for fun outside the classroom.
User Review( vote)
Indiana University Bloomington is the flagship campus of IU’s eight campuses across the state of Indiana. Whether you’ve visited IU Bloomington before or will see it for the first time when you arrive to begin school, you’ll find that it’s an ideal place to spend your time as a student.
Applications Deadline: February 28, 2019
Course Level: The grants open to study at undergraduate level.
Study Subject: The bursaries are available in all subjects.
Award: The award is a one-time funding of $3,000, credited to the student’s Bursar account in fall 2019.
Number of Awards: Not given
The award can be taken in the USA
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to students from all around the world.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for the opportunity , the student must:
- Identify as a female non-immigrant international student
- Be a freshman, sophomore, or junior at the time of nomination
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
The nominator needs to demonstrate:
- How the student’s experience at IU Bloomington has helped them grow and develop as an emerging leader
- The student has a deep desire to continuously improve life at IU by engaging in opportunities to help or lead others
Faculty or staff have to nominate students for this award. Submit a letter of nomination on the form at the scholarship page.
How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity , the first step of the applicants needs to become a student at IU Bloomington through the admission process.
They will present the Rising Star scholarship at the International Women’s Day Conference on Saturday, March 23.