REF program (REF SP) offers scholarships for Roma students at the university level consisting of four scholarship schemes, available on a yearly basis.
The Roma Education Fund’s (REF) mission and goal are to close the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma. To achieve this goal, the organization supports policies and programs which ensure quality education for Roma through scholarships, grant making and advocacy activities.
User Review( votes)
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Course Level: REF runs five major programs:
- Project Support Program which finances projects and programs.
- REF program which is the largest tertiary program for Roma students.
- Policy Development and Capacity Building Program which supports activities that help create a framework for dialogue with governments and civil society on education reform and Roma inclusion.
- Communication and Cross Country Learning Program which includes activities to promote the exchange of knowledge on education reforms and Roma inclusion.
- Reimbursable Grant Program to help Roma NGOs and local governments access EU funds for the purpose of Roma education.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Award: Not Known
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine
Eligible Countries: Citizens of Hungary are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the incumbent, who will be working with three other program Officers located in REF’s headquarters in Budapest, will be responsible for the implementation of REF SP’s mandate and its scholarship schemes.
- At least a BA degree, preferably in humanities, political and social sciences;
- At least two years of experience in working with project implementation and/or NGO sector, preferably in higher education sector or working with youth;
- Knowledge of project management administration and strong planning skills;
- Good understanding of the higher education programs;
- Strong data analysis skills – ability to take large amounts of data, analyze, identify patterns, issues, etc.; experience in operating with databases and data specific software and online platforms, data processing and statistics;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and good internet navigation skills (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of another language from the REF’s countries of operations is desirable. Knowledge of Romani language is considered as added value.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, organize multiple parallel tasks, and meet expectations with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity and the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, and detailed curriculum vitae no later than January 31, 2018. Please indicate in the e-mail subject line: “SP Officer – candidacy.” Also, kindly indicate at least two references (name, position, email, telephone) whom we may contact.