In partnership with the Rotary Club Vlissingen/Flushing HZ, the University of Applied Sciences is encouraging international candidates to become a part of Rotary Scholarships for Water Management, Civil Engineering, and River Delta Development.
The purpose of this program is to support all talented students who intend to enroll in a bachelor’s or master’s degree study in the field of water at the university.
HZ University of Applied Sciences has an overall score of 3.9 stars, according to student reviews on Studyportals. It offers Rotary Scholarships to international students with an award amount of €2,000.
User Review( votes)
HZ University of Applied Sciences has ranked in the top three multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences for eight years in a row (2011-2018). HZ has around 4,800 students divided over four study years and to some 25 bachelor degree programs, eight of which are taught in English.
Why study at HZ University of Applied Sciences? Teachers and staff put great emphasis on individual coaching. Your study coach will help you choose courses and explore your career possibilities. There are numerous possibilities and opportunities available. Your objectives, innovations, expertise, and knowledge are priceless in delivering the flexibility and quality to education and research that the outside world expects.
Application Deadline: Students can apply for the scholarship before 1 May 2023.
- University or Organization: HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor and Master’s degree
- Awards: €2,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants are eligible to apply for one of the following programmes:
- BSc Water Management
- BSc Civil Engineering
- MSc River Delta Development
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicant must be an international (free-moving) student
- The applicant has already been (conditionally) accepted to one of the relevant programmes
- Applicant must indicate why this scholarship would be of great financial support AND how the costs for the duration of the whole academic programme will be covered
- Applicant should express his/her wish, after successful finishing the programme, to contribute to solving water-related challenges in their home country
- Applicant should subscribe to show interest in the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- The applicant is required twice during the year to appear at a Rotary Club Vlissingen meeting and share his/her progress in life and studies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the award, applicants are required to take admission in undergraduate and master’s degree at the university. After that, students can apply for the scholarship by sending an email to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Copy of passport
- Applicant should write and hand in an original essay, in which the points indicated above are made clear
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to hold high school certificates with an excellent academic record.
- Language Requirement: All courses and examinations will be in English, so you need a good command of spoken and written English. The level required for admission should be an equivalent of the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.0.
HZ University of Applied Sciences will provide an award amount of €2,000 to the high achieving candidates.