Royal College of Art in London is excited to announce an annual scholarship program in honor of the late innovator Virgil Abloh. The RCA welcomes applications from talented and creative Black British prospective students.
The award program supports underrepresented communities individuals, prioritizing Black and African diaspora British applicants, including those facing significant financial hardship. The initiative aims to help break down educational barriers and support the next generation of innovators and visionary designers.
Royal College of Art (RCA) Virgil Abloh Scholarship for Black British Students in UK
Nice offer for Black British Students to study at RCA in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Royal College of Art (RCA) is restricted to persuading diversity, eliminating discrimination, and promoting equality of opportunity. It was founded in 1837 as the world’s most influential master institution of art and design in the UK.
Why at the Royal College of Art (RCA)? RCA offers a range of Graduate Diplomas, MA, MRes, MPhil, and Ph.D. degree programs across the art and design disciplines. The College believes it is important to offer visible avenues of access to study in programs for those suffering from financial hardship and for underrepresented groups.
Application Deadline: 4 January 2022
- University or Organization: Royal College of Art (RCA)
- Department: All
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Educational funding
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Black British Student
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Black and African diaspora British applicants
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The annual award will apply to all areas of the RCA School of Design postgraduate study, including Fashion, Design Products, Textiles, Service Design, and Intelligent Mobility, among other innovative courses.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must hold an offer to study for a full-time taught master’s degree or research degree at the RCA.
- Students must demonstrate financial need when applying for the scholarship to assist students experiencing financial hardship.
- To be considered for an award, applicants must hold an offer for perusal at the RCA. When they receive their offer to study, the College will invite students to complete an eligibility form to check the requirements for a scholarship. If they meet these requirements, they will be asked to provide more detailed information, supporting documents, or evidence.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To consider a scholarship, applicants first apply to study at the RCA. Applicants must create an account and then complete the following stages – 1. Submit personal information, and 2. Submit a portfolio with a 300-word written statement, a short video, up to two minutes, and one written reference.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide their details, date of birth, and contact information. In addition, provide previous qualifications and/or evidence of equivalent professional experience, evidence of English language proficiency, and relevant employment history.
- Admission Requirements: Different awards have different eligibility requirements, for example, financial need, ethnicity, and program of study. Apply for your chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Provide evidence of English proficiency if English is not your first language. If applicants come from not English speaking countries, check the full requirements for English language proficiency.
- The RCA is proud to provide several scholarships available to prospective students.
- The selected Virgil Abloh scholar will study without financial constraints to push the boundaries of their practice, enabling them to fulfill their creative potential.
- Scholarship winners must sign an award agreement upon selection to confirm their funding.
- Alongside the study funding, the student will benefit from industry experience and networking opportunities and will be supported throughout their studies.