Rhodes University is delighted to offer its Ruth First Scholarship 2020 for South African students. The Ruth First award is intended to support candidates whose research is in the spirit of the life and work of Ruth First, whose research poses difficult social questions, and who are interested in linking knowledge and politics and scholarship and action.
Rhodes University is a public research university located in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. Rhodes University is the province’s oldest university, and it is the fifth or sixth oldest South African university in continuous operation, being preceded by the University of the Free State, University of Witwatersrand, Stellenbosch University and the University of Cape Town.
Worthy opportunity for students
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Bursaries are available to pursue a doctoral or masters degree.
- Study Subject: Bursaries are awarded in the field in the field of politics, sociology, philosophy, anthropology, economics, social policy, democracy studies, development studies, media studies, or studies in cognate disciplines with a strong social and human rights focus.
- Award: Ph.D. R120 000 per annum or R100 000 per annum for Masters.
- Nationality: South African applicants are eligible to apply for the bursaries.
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: South African applicants are eligible to apply for the bursaries
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a good ICT skill and interested in researching networked social learning approaches in community settings or researchers must be resident in Grahamstown for the duration of the research project (2 years).
How to Apply: Candidates are required to take admission in the doctoral or masters degree coursework at the university. For further information: