Applications are invited for Master’s and Doctoral Scholarships in the field of Biostatistics at a South African University. The studentships are available for South African citizens.
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) was established in 1969 with a mandate to improve the health of the country’s population, through research, development and technology transfer, so that people can enjoy a better quality of life. The scope of the organisation’s research projects includes tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular and non-communicable diseases, gender and health, and alcohol and other drug abuse. With a strategic objective to help strengthen the health systems of the country – in line with that of the Department of Health, the SAMRC constantly identifies the main causes of death in South Africa.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: October 30, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for Master’s and Doctoral degree programme in the field of Biostatistics at a South African University.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Biostatistics at a South African University.
- Scholarship Award: Value of scholarships
(At least: dependent on exchange value and costs of travel variations)
Master’s: R140 000.00 plus R20 000.00 = R160 000.00 pa
PhD: R180 000.00 plus R20 000.00 = R200 000.00
- Tuition costs
- A monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- Textbooks and study materials
- Attendance at relevant conferences (Flights, accommodation, conference registration fees).
- Nationality: The studentships are available for South African citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The studentships are available for South African citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The funding will cover students who are South African citizens or permanent residents and under 40 years of age, undertaking a Master’s or PhD programme in Statistics/Biostatistics at South African universities.
Master Awards: Students should be possession of at least an Honours degree in Mathematical Statistics, Applied Statistics or Mathematics.
Doctoral Scholarships: Students should in possession of at least a Master’s degree in Mathematical Statistics, Applied Statistics, Biostatistics or Mathematics.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should complete the Application form, attach the relevant documents listed in the Table and forward to Michelle Mashigo at Michelle.Mashigo-at-mrc.ac.za.