The University of Sheffield understands the importance of affordability when pursuing higher education in the UK. Hence, they offer to fund up to three academics to continue their research in Sheffield for up to 12 months.
Applications are accepted worldwide for the 2023-24 academic year. The Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme has been set up to help academics who have been displaced or affected by conflict or persecution in their home country.
Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme at the University of Sheffield, UK
Nice offer to study PhD with a Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme at the University of Sheffield, UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sheffield offers a range of high-quality courses, from undergraduate and postgraduate courses to research and adult education classes. Study options include full-time, part-time, online and distance learning.
Why at the University of Sheffield? Sheffield is a world top-100 university renowned for its research-led learning and teaching excellence, impact and distinctiveness. As part of a genuinely global community, international independent assessments consistently confirm its outstanding performance for excellent teaching and research.
Application Deadline: November 13, 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Subsistence allowance of £17,350 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are welcome to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD scholarship will be awarded in any area under discussion offered by Sheffield. Here is a list of academic departments
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the scheme:
- Applicants must be an academic who has been displaced or affected by conflict or persecution in their home country.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a UK visa under the Ukrainian visa schemes or another type of UK visa, if applicable, in the case of other nationalities.
- Applicants proposed area of research should align with areas of research at Sheffield.
- Applicants are expected to remain employed by their home institution and return to their home country to resume their research when it is safe and appropriate.
How to Apply
The mode of application is offline.
- How to Apply: The Applicants must download the application form and submit a complete application with a CV to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: For application – A CV and Research proposal. For admission- Proof of the previous degree, Official translations into English, Academic references, English language certificates, A supporting statement (including a research proposal where relevant), Curriculum vitae/resume, and Examples of your work
- Admission Requirements: Before applying, applicants must check all the admission criteria.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have reasonable English skills to make their visit to the University of Sheffield.
- Subsistence allowance of £17,350 per annum (pro-rata)
- An additional payment of £5,000 per annum (pro-rata) per dependent (up to a maximum of 3 dependents)
- Expenses on arrival, including travel, of up to £2,500
- Accommodation: under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme, free accommodation is provided for up to 6 months as part of the visa requirement. Applicants not eligible for the Homes for Ukraine scheme will receive support to find suitable accommodation.
- Project-related costs up to £2,500