The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory is furnishing the Undergraduate and Honours Block Grants Programme for high potential applicants in South Africa.
Excellent opportunity for South Africans to get an undergraduate education with a great award.
User Review( votes)
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory is responsible for managing all radio astronomy initiative and facilities in South Africa and also coordinates the African Very Long Baseline Interferometry Network (AVN) for the eight SKA partner countries in Africa.
Why at this Grants Programme? This program is giving you the chance to start your studies with some funding facilities in South Africa. It will also help you learn from the best teachers and develop your personality according to this digital world.
- University or Organization: The SARAO
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Academic support and development
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 4-8
- Nationality: South African citizens or permanent residents
- The program can be taken in South Africa
- Application Deadline: August 8, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Citizens or permanent residents of South Africa are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate (Bachelor of Electronic Engineering, Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor of Mechatronic Engineering, Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics and Physics, Bachelor of Science in Physics and Electronics, Bachelor of Science in Astronomy/Astrophysics and Physics, Bachelor of Computer Science, with co-major in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, Bachelor of Science – Honours in Physics and Electronics/Astrophysics/Computer Science, and Bachelor of Science – Honours – NASSP [National Astrophysics and Space Science Programme]) at a South African university.
- Admissible Criteria: Must be a full-time candidate.
How to Apply
To Apply: For this opportunity, you have to take admission in an undergraduate degree program at any South African university and after that complete the online application form for the award.
- The university is required to submit the students’ mid-year and year-end academic transcripts, for evaluation, to SARAO.
- You must maintain a minimum average of 60% in their mid-year and year-end results.
- It is expected that each student has good proficiency in the English language.
100% of grants must be awarded to South African students (including permanent residents), of which: 90% must be awarded to Black South Africans (African, Coloured, and Indian), and 50% to South African Women.