Applications are invited for South African Reserve Bank bursary scheme at a South African university on a full-time basis. South African citizens are eligible to apply for this bursary.
The purpose of the bursary scheme is to assist financially needy students who obtain good results in Matric/Grade 12 and who want to study in fields relevant to the Bank.
Good educational program for South African citizens.
User Review( votes)
The South African Reserve Bank is the central bank of the Republic of South Africa. The primary purpose of the Bank is to achieve and maintain price stability in the interest of balanced and sustainable economic growth in South Africa. Together with other institutions, it also plays a pivotal role in ensuring financial stability.
University or Organization: The South African Reserve Bank
Course Level: Undergraduate studies
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: South African citizens
The program can be taken in South Africa
Application Deadline: 30 September of each year
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Bursaries will be awarded to students who obtain 60 per cent in the June Matric/Grade 12 examinations. Final awarding of a Bank bursary is subject to a student’s final Matric/Grade 12 results and enrollment acceptance at a South African university.
- South African citizens are eligible to apply for this bursary.
- Bursaries will be awarded to South African citizens only.
- SA Citizen
- Younger than 30 years old
- The average pass mark of 70%
- The studies that students intend to pursue shall have a bearing on, and be applicable to, the functions and activities of the Bank. (For more information on the Bank, visit the Bank’s website). This includes, for example, Economics, Information Technology, Finance, Law and Accounting, and excludes, for example, Medicine, Dentistry and Social Work.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application form must be sent via e-mail and also by post.
- Supporting Documents: Checklist of Documents/Items to Be Included With Your Application Form:
- A certified copy of your June (current year) matric results or certified copy of Matric results if completed before the current year.
- Proof of acceptance at a recognized institution
- An essay of 250 words to motivate your case.
- A certified copy of your South African ID
The total number of students and related bursary costs will be reviewed annually. Annual one-off payment for books, accommodation (university accommodation only) and tuition fees will be made to a student.