Applications are invited for South African Reserve Bank bursary scheme intended for undergraduate studies at a South African university on a full-time basis. South African citizens are eligible to apply for this bursary.
The purpose of the bursary scheme is to assist financially needy students who obtain good results in Matric/Grade 12 and who want to study in fields relevant to the Bank.
The South African Reserve Bank is the central bank of the Republic of South Africa. The primary purpose of the Bank is to achieve and maintain price stability in the interest of balanced and sustainable economic growth in South Africa. Together with other institutions, it also plays a pivotal role in ensuring financial stability.
Course Level: The bursary is intended for undergraduate studies at a South African university on a full-time basis.
Study Subject: The studies that students intend to pursue shall have a bearing on, and be applicable to, the functions and activities of the Bank. (For more information on the Bank, visit the Bank’s website). This includes, for example, Economics, Information Technology, Finance, Law and Accounting, and excludes, for example, Medicine, Dentistry and Social Work.
Scholarship Award: The total number of students and related bursary costs will be reviewed annually. An annual one-off payment for books, accommodation (university accommodation only) and tuition fees will be made to a student.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Bursaries will be awarded to students who obtain 60 per cent in the June Matric/Grade 12 examinations. Final awarding of a Bank bursary is subject to a student’s final Matric/Grade 12 results and enrollment acceptance at a South African university.
- Bursaries will be awarded to South African citizens only.
- SA Citizen
- Younger than 30 years old
- Average pass mark of 70%
Nationality: South African citizens are eligible to apply for this bursary.
How to Apply: The application form must be sent via e-mail and also by post.
Checklist of Documents/Items to Be Included With Your Application Form:
- A certified copy of your June (current year) matric results or certified copy of Matric results if completed before the current year.
- Proof of acceptance at a recognized institution
- An essay of 250 words to motivate your case.
- A certified copy of your South African ID
Application Deadline: The closing date for submission of applications shall be September 30 of each year.