Applications are invited for Scholarship America Dream Award open to US students. The grant is available for full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2019-20 academic year.
Study Subject(s): award is awarded for studying the subjects offered by the institution. In addition to the general awards, a portion of the funds has been designated for students majoring in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering or math) and a portion has been designated the World Journal Award for Chinese-American students.
Course Level: award is available for pursuing the undergraduate programme at an accredited U.S. institution of the student’s choice.
Scholarship Provider: Scholarship America
The award can be taken at the USA
Wonderful opportunity for aspirants
User Review( votes)
- Applicants to the Scholarship America Dream Award must:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2015.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary
- education by June 2016.
- Plan to enrol in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2019-20 academic year.
- Be studying to obtain an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
Open for International Students: US citizens can apply for this application .
A number of awards (s): The number of awards granted will depend on the number of funds available each year.
Duration of award(s): Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first.
What does it cover? If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $5,000 to $15,000. Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study. Each year of eligible renewal, the award will increase by $1,000.
How to Apply
- Start by clicking Register to Apply. You will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account. Students failing to use a valid active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration. Be sure to add dreamaward-at-scholarshipamerica.org to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking on the Save and Log out link located on each application page. To return to the application, you must login using your username and password.
- Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore answer all questions as completely as possible.
- Applications must be submitted electronically by the deadline in order for your application to be processed.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, the “Lock and Submit” button will be available to you near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your application before clicking the Lock and Submit button. Once submitted, you will no longer have access to your application.
- It is recommended that you print a hard copy of your application for your records.
You will receive an email acknowledgement of your submitted application.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2019