The Pontifical Institute for Christian Archeology (PIAC) is offering Scholarship Competition for the academic year 2017-2018. The institute offers a three-year postgraduate course in Christian Archeology, including the subjects of the history of Christian archaeology, topography, iconography and hagiography, epigraphy and architecture.
The Pontifical Institute for Christian Archeology (PIAC) is an institute for the study and teaching of Christian archaeology in Rome.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing the postgraduate course.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Christian archaeology.
Award: The Pontifical Institute of Christian Archaeology offers an annual scholarship of 7.200,00 euros for qualified applicants, no older than 35 years of age, for the Propedeutic Course of the Institute.
The award can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: A graduate degree or equivalent diploma. For students from countries where the Bologna process is applied, a second cycle is required. For other countries, the university degree must be at least four years.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a university degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Proficiency in the Italian language is required.
How to Apply: All applicants are required to submit (before May 31 of the year prior to the instruction at the Institute) the following to the Rector of the Pontifical Institute of Christian Archaeology with an attached cover letter:
- Document such as birth certificate including the following information: place and date of birth, residence, nationality.
- Transcript including grades received in each course, as well as all examination scores.
- A copy of the degree thesis and other original works (edited or not).
- CV indicating all the languages which the candidate knows or has studied (proficiency in Italian is required; Latin and Greek are also indispensable for reading literary and epigraphic sources).
- Letters of recommendation from at least one university professor, under whom the candidate has worked or works, or has completed some study activity or research.
- Any documentation indicating the candidate’s activity in the field of Christian archaeology (i.e. scholarships, excavations, congresses…).
- Seven passport size photos.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.