Applications are invited for up to 300 Gates Scholarships for exceptional, Pell-eligible, minority, high school seniors. A US citizen, national or permanent resident is eligible to apply for this application program.
This prestigious program is based on evidence that by eliminating the financial barriers to college, an all-expenses-paid scholarship can enable high-potential, low-income minority students to excel in their course work, graduate college, and continue to be leaders throughout their lives.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for exceptional, Pell-eligible, minority, high school seniors.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Number of Awards: Starting in 2018, the support will be awarded to 300 top student leaders each year.
- Nationality: A US citizen, national or permanent resident
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: A US citizen, national or permanent resident is eligible to apply for this application program.
- Entrance Requirements: To apply, students must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US-accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.