Government of India Ministry of External Affairs is delighted to announce its program for Diaspora Children in India for academic session 2019-20.
The scheme is applicable to NRIs and PIOs/OCI living in 69 selected countries as listed in Appendix-A. Children of Persons of Indian Origin/Overseas Citizens of India are eligible to apply.
Nice chance for Indian students.
User Review( votes)
SPDC scheme financial assistance for specific undergraduate courses in Professional and Non-Professional courses (except Medical and related courses)is provided towards tuition fees, admission fees, and post-admission services. The scheme is applicable to NRIs and PIOs from 66 countries.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2019
University or Organization: Government of India Ministry of External Affairs
Course Level: Undergraduate Courses
Award: Tuition fee
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Domestic Student
The award can be taken in India
Eligible Countries: Domestic Students can apply for this scholarship.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any Undergraduate Courses subjects offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, an applicant:
- Applicants must be a ward of Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/OCI,
- Candidates must be a ward of Non-resident Indian (NRI),
- Students must be a ward of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying outside India (ECR based outside India),
- Holders must be a ward of Indian Workers in ECR countries studying in India (ECR based in India)
- Applicants must have completed class 11 and 12 from abroad
- Candidates must have passed class 12 board examination with a minimum aggregate score of 60% marks or equivalent
- Holders must be between the age group of 17 and 21 years as on 31st October 2019.
- Candidates must belong to a family where monthly income is not more than USD 4000.
- Must not receive any scholarship sponsored or funded by the State Government or Central Government.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this award, applicants can need to take admission in any of the institutes. After obtaining admission in a selected course in any of the institutes as mentioned in Appendix ‘C’, students who fulfill all other eligibility conditions can complete and submit the online application form on the SPDC portal (https://spdcindia.gov.in). The applicant shall submit the application form online on the SPDC portal. The online application Form is available at https://spdcindia.gov.in.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must be providing all previous documents to apply to this educational program.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent.
Selected students will receive financial assistance as given hereunder:
- In the first year, partial financial assistance of 75% of the total of the Institutional Economic Cost (IEC) subject to a maximum of USD 4,000 per annum will be given (whichever is lower).
- In the second and subsequent year, partial assistance of 75% of the total of the Institutional Economic Cost (IEC) or USD 4,000 per annum (whichever is lower) will be given to the students who scored 50% marks cumulatively.
- If the students scored less than 50% but have obtained passing marks in all the subjects, they are entitled to receive 90% of the program.
- If the students do not securely pass marks in all subjects but have been promoted to the next academic year by the University/Institute. They will receive 50% of the program.