The Ateneo de Manila University is offering 12 scholarships for the Master of Disaster Risk and Resilience (MDDR) postgraduate course.
A joint offering of the Departments of Environmental Science and Sociology and Anthropology, the MDDR degree aims to meet the growing need for experts trained to manage and implement DRR concerns in local and international settings. More than just learning the theories and concepts, the students will be afforded with innovative and practical learning opportunities.
The Ateneo de Manila University is a private research university in Quezon City, Philippines. Founded in 1859 by the Society of Jesus, the Ateneo is the third-oldest university in the Philippines. Ateneo offers elementary and secondary education exclusively to male students.
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for the Master of Disaster Risk and Resilience (MDDR) postgraduate course.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The financial assistance —which includes full coverage of tuition and a monthly stipend— will be given to Filipino professionals and practitioners in the disaster risk and reduction (DRR) field.
- Number of Scholarships: There are 12 scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Philippines
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Philippines are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The student in Master in DRR must
Complete twenty-one (21) units of the required foundational courses, six (6) units of electives, one (1) unit of Graduate Seminar.
Pass the comprehensive examination prior to doing the master’s project. The exam will cover the seven (7) foundational courses and one (1) elective to be chosen by the student.
Successfully present and orally defend the Project Proposal resulting to acceptance of said proposal by the adviser and panelist.
Successfully present and orally defend the Project Paper resulting to acceptance of the Project Paper by the adviser and panelist.
Present project/research work in a Graduate Research Colloquium, national conference or international conference.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.