American University in Cairo is offering five full tuition and partial annual scholarships for high school graduates. The studentships are open to Egyptian nationals to pursue the undergraduate program.
Building upon the success of the Public School Scholarship Fund and Leadership for Education and Development scholarships, the Empower scholarship aims to provide the best public and private national school students with an opportunity to pursue their academic career at AUC.
A fine program for applicants.
User Review( votes)
AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and centre of the intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni, and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing the undergraduate program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: AUC provides five full tuition and partial annual scholarships to thanawiya amma graduates from five governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Beni Suef, Minya, Sohag and Fayyum.
- Number of Awards: There are five scholarships available.
- Nationality: Egyptian
- The award can be taken in Egypt
- Eligible Countries: Students from Egypt are eligible.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Public or private national high school graduate with demonstrated financial need
- An active member in school activities or in the local community
- A minimum score of 95 per cent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 90 per cent in the non-science division
- Adequate English-language skills as demonstrated by the IELTS/iBT exam
- Adequate communication skills
- Orientation and commitment to public service
- Potential for further leadership development
How to Apply:
- Program application
- Financial application
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A letter from the school’s administration identifying the type of school (i.e., governmental, private or experimental)
- An official copy of third preparatory, first secondary and second secondary high-school certificates
- The official copy of the thataway ammo certificate upon announcement of the grades
- Proof of extracurricular activities ( i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score or TOEFL iBT test results with a minimum of (62-75) as a total score and a minimum of (17-19) in writing.
- English Language Requirements: Minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score or TOEFL iBT test results with a minimum of (62-75) as a total score and a minimum of (17-19) in writing.