Applications are invited for German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarships for the 2018/2019 academic year. These opportunities are available for the M.Phil Development Management Programme under the West African Centre for Sustainable Rural Transformation (WAC-SRT) at the University for Development Studies.
The University for Development Studies, Tamale was established in 1992 as a multi-campus institution. It is the fifth public university to be established in Ghana.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing M.Phil Programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Development Management.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Ghana
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are open to both Ghanaian and foreign applicants.
- Entrance Requirements: To be admitted into the programme, applicants must have at least:
A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning or its equivalent in a relevant discipline;
For candidates who wish to apply for DAAD scholarship, the first degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning or its equivalent in a relevant discipline is required.
A minimum of three years? working experience.
Candidates applying for a DAAD Scholarship should include an application letter and explain their motivation for applying for Scholarship.
Pass a Selection Interview (face to face interview or telephone interview for foreign applicants).
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
- For Ghanaian Candidates Applicants are to purchase from the Bank an E-Voucher from any of the following Banks (Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB), Prudential Bank, Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Stanbic Bank and Ecobank branches throughout Ghana) and use the E-voucher number to complete the application form on the UDS online portal (www.uds.edu.gh)
- To facilitate applications for foreign students the Faculty has purchased a limited number of E-vouchers and you will be given the number to proceed with your applications.
- In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their most recent passport size photographs with white background and relevant certificates
- A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED (click on submit to submit your application)
- Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can be viewed, but cannot be edited.
- Applicants must print out three copies of the application summary; attach results slips, certificates and all other relevant documents to each form. Three reference letters are also required (at least, two of the referees should be familiar with applicants’ academic work). Candidates must also attach a synopsis of their thesis proposal (maximum five (5) pages) as part of the application.
How to Apply:
All Ghanaian and foreign applicants for the 2018/2019 academic year admissions are required to use the UDS online application portal.