Get financial aid to start your educational journey in the UK! The School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research is providing a chance to apply for its New Generation Research Scholarships at the University of Kent.
The educational award is open to all international and domestic candidates who wish to enroll in the PhD degree program at the university. The scholarship is open for the academic session 2023/2024.
Nice chance for students to get financial assistance in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Kent is a public research university in Kent, England, with a semi-collegiate structure. It is a global institution, with students from 158 countries and 41 percent of its educational and research staff based outside of the United Kingdom.
Why study at the University of Kent? The university is always at the forefront of research in the field they serve, actively influencing change and shaping the debate on a global scale. It provides opportunities for its students to provide new ways of understanding the world. The University offers an education that enables students to find work anywhere in the world.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until Wednesday 1st of March 2023 12:00pm/noon
- University or Organization: The University of Kent
- Department: School of Social Policy, Sociology, and Social Research
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: £15,285 and tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Three
- Nationality: Domestic and international candidates
- The program can be taken in the UK
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship is awarded to all subjects covered within the School of Social Policy, Sociology, and Social Research, including:
- Social Policy
- Social Work
- Applied Health Research
- Philanthropic Studies
- Migration Studies
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international students enrolled in a PhD degree program.
- You must have qualifications/experience equal to the standard of a good honours degree at a first or upper-second-class level from a UK academic research organization or an equivalent qualification from outside the UK. A combination of qualifications and/or experience that is equivalent to a relevant UK degree may also be accepted.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: First, applicants have to take admission to the University. After that, students can complete the online application form for a PhD in the School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research using this form.
- Supporting Documents: You will need to provide personal details, education and employment history and supporting documents such as curriculum vitae, transcripts of results, and two academic references.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The candidates should be very proficient in the English language.
The University of Kent will provide a doctoral stipend (equivalent to the Research Councils UK National Minimum Doctoral Stipend, which was £17,668 in 2022/23), tuition fees and access to further research funding.