The Faculty of Science at University of Strathclyde is offering a range of scholarships for international students in 2019-2020. These scholarships will be available to commence full-time postgraduate taught programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to recognise academic achievement and to attract the best science students from across the globe.
The Faculty of Science is one of the UK’s leading faculties of science, providing a vibrant, dynamic, supportive and friendly place to study.
The University accepts a number of English language tests as proof of proficiency in English. IELTS is the most widely available, and our current standard requirements are: IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no individual band less than 5.5).
- Application Deadline: September 16, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time postgraduate taught programme at the Faculty of Science.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study Computer and information sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics and statistics, Physics, Pharmacy and biomedical sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships of £4000/£3500 and £3000/£2500 are available towards course tuition fees are available for students studying on MSc/PGT programmes in Science.
- Number of Scholarships: A range of scholarships for international students.
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to international students.
- Entrance Requirements: To apply for a Science Elite scholarship, candidates must:
- be available to commence their academic studies in the UK by the start of the academic year in September/October.
- hold an offer of study on a course at the University of Strathclyde
- be paying full international fees
Some scholarships have restrictions on other funding you can accept. This means that you if you are awarded two Strathclyde scholarships you will have to decide which scholarship to accept.
- English Language Requirements: The University accepts a number of English language tests as proof of proficiency in English. IELTS is the most widely available, and our current standard requirements are: IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no individual band less than 5.5).
Applications should be made online.
How to Apply: Application may be delayed if students fail to provide the following documents (where appropriate):
- Certified copies of qualifications you’ve gained, eg degree certificate and transcripts (showing the subjects taken and your grades). If you’re still studying, provide a transcript of your results so far
- If qualifications are in a language other than English, please provide official translations in addition to the copies of the original documents
- If English is not first language, please provide a suitable English language test certificate (if appropriate), for example IELTS
- A copy of passport (if they are a non EU overseas applicant). Passport is required in order to obtain Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement which allows you to apply for your Tier 4 visa to study
- A copy of sponsor letter/scholarship award (if appropriate/available)
- Copies of any other documentation to support your application such as a CV, Personal Statement, Portfolio (for certain programmes)