The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is delighted to invite the applicants for the Science Without Borders® Challenge. The international art competition engages students to promote the need to preserve, protect, and restore the world’s oceans and aquatic resources.
This art contest is open to all primary and secondary school students 11-19 years old from around the world. The theme for this year’s Science Without Borders Challenge is “Connected Ocean: No Barriers, No Boundaries, No Borders.”
An amazing contest with valuable aim.
User Review( votes)
The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is a US-based, non-profit environmental science organization. This foundation was established with the aim of protecting and restoring the world’s oceans through scientific research, outreach, and education.
Why at the program? This annual contest inspires students to be creative while learning about important ocean conservation issues. The program aims to get students and teachers interested in ocean conservation through various forms of art.
- University or Organization: The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Primary or secondary school students
- Award: $1050
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3 scholarships
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in: Maryland, USA
- Application Deadline: April 20, 2020
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: This grant is available for the candidates from all nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants from any subject area are welcomed in this contest.
- Eligibility Criteria: For taking the part in this competition, the applicant must be the student of primary or secondary school, or the home school equivalent. Students enrolled in college or university, are not qualified for this contest. Any international students who are enrolled in a primary or secondary level of the schooling structure will be qualified for this art contest.
How to Apply
The theme for this year’s Science Without Borders® Challenge is “Take Action: Conserve Coral Reefs.”
- How to apply: For being applied for this contest, the applicant has to submit their original 2D artwork such as drawing or painting. Group submissions are not allowed in this contest. After submitting the artwork, the candidate has to the Digital Entry Submission Form.
- Supporting Documents: Contestants must submit a digital Entry Form with their submission.
- Admission Requirements: For taking the part in this contest no kind of admission requirement will be needed.
- Language Requirement: Applicant must have expertise in the English language.
Send your original artwork (along with a completed COPPA Privacy Form for students under the age of 13) to:
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
Science Without Borders® Challenge
7 Old Solomons Island Rd, Suite 200
Annapolis, MD 21401 USA
Benefit: Prizes awarded to contest winners will be provided in this scenario: 1st Place: $500, 2nd Place: $350, and 3rd Place: $200