The new Severo Ochoa Postdoctoral Programme is now available at Institute for Neuroscience, Alicante, in Spain. Fellowships are available for researchers of all nationalities.
The “Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante” (IN) was formally founded in February 1990 by the Valencian Regional Government (Generalidad Valenciana), as a University Institute assigned to the University of Alicante. The objectives of that institute were to develop different scientific activities in addition to research, such as a PhD Program, conferences and seminars, and to establish and manage common services and budgets.
- Applications Deadline: November 12, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to study Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in various research areas.
- Scholarship Award: Appointed postdoctoral researchers will receive an employment contract with a gross annual salary of € 29,000-35,000, depending on experience, and will pursue their research in a highly collaborative environment without teaching duties.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for researchers of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: The present call offers up to 6 Postdoctoral fellowships each with a duration of 2 years.
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for researchers of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- This call is opened to experienced researchers of any nationality with a doctoral degree.
- PhD should have been completed before the application deadline (15 November 2018).
- Mobility (i.e. not having carried out her/his main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline) will be appreciated and positively evaluated.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Before submitting the application, potential candidates should contact and get the support of a Principal Investigator of one of the research teams in the IN. This commitment is required for submitting the application.
Applications should include the following documents (in PDF format):
- Written support of the Principal Investigator of the IN host lab.
- Short CV (please downloads and uses the model format).
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page, min. font size 11 pt.).
- A brief description of the 2-yr project, which must fit at least one of the topics defined in the Strategic Plan*(max. 2 pages, min. font size 11 pt.).
- Two letters of support.