The Europa-Kolleg Hamburg and the Federal Chancellor Helmut Schmidt Foundation is currently accepting applications for Transatlantic Research Fellowship in Peace and Security. Fellowship is available for international students.
A research stay of up to 3 months is available for the fall of 2018. The successful candidate will participate in, and contribute to the international conference “The Future of Transatlantic Relations: Challenges in Trade, Security and Environmental Policy” (FOTAR2018) on 16 and 17 November.
User Review( vote)
The scientific activities of the Europa-Kolleg Hamburg take place at the Institute for European Integration, founded in 1978. It is an academic institution at the University of Hamburg and enjoys the constitutional freedom of research and teaching. The Institute has the task of initiating and conducting interdisciplinary research in the area of European integration as well as integration processes in other regions of the world, either on its own or together with other academic institutions. It invites foreign researchers to work on their projects within the framework of a research stay. Furthermore, the Institute organizes scientific conferences and lectures.
- Applications Deadline: September 23, 2018
- Course Level: This is a visiting research fellowship programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Transatlantic Relations focused on questions relating to peace and security. The fellowship is open to researchers of the following disciplines: Political Science, Legal Studies, History, Cultural Sciences, Sociology, and Economics.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship provides a stipend of 1,200 EUR/month, as well as a travel allowance.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Hamburg, Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Fellows will be selected by the Academic Board of the conference based on the following criteria:
- A convincing research agenda in one of the stated fields
- General academic excellence
- Excellent English language skills
English Language Requirements: In order to be eligible applicants must have excellent English language skills.
How to Apply: English language applications containing a CV and a concise research proposal in a single PDF-file, shall be submitted to: Prof. Dr. Markus Kotzur, LL.M. (Duke) President, Europa-Kolleg Hamburg institute-at-europa-kolleg-hamburg.de.