With an aim to enhance the development of international student education and encourage students, the East China Normal University is introducing the Shanghai Government Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
International students who want to undertake undergraduate, graduate or PhD level study at East China Normal University are eligible for this scholarship. The applicants must be non-Chinese and be of 23-40 years of age. Winners can expect to receive full or partial coverage such as tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses, insurance, and more.
The scholarship includes exciting benefits that will enhance the university learning experience.
User Review( votes)
The East China Normal University, formed as a result of merger of the Great China University and Kwang Hua University in 1951, is a comprehensive public research university in Shanghai. The university is ranked 321st in Best Global Universities and 541-550 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the East China Normal University? East China Normal University aims to be known as an internationally renowned high-level research university. The university’s motto is ‘Seek Truth, Foster Originality; and Live up to the Name of a Teacher.’ It is also taking the lead in the development of China’s teacher training.
Application Deadline: The application pathway for this scholarship will close on 15th May 2023.
- University or Organization: East China Normal University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, or PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and more
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the undergraduate or graduate-level degree programme of choice at the School of International Chinese Studies or Asia-Europe Business School of East China Normal University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
- The applicants must be in good health.
- The applicants must be under the age of 23, 25, 35, and 40 for pre-college, undergraduate, master, and doctoral level study, respectively.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students can apply for their desired study programme via the university portal. Scholarship applications must be submitted separately on this page.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- High school graduate certificate
- Complete high school transcript
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of passport
- Guardian’s letter of guarantee
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry and academic requirement of the programme they are applying for, typically, high school graduation, a bachelor’s or master’s degree qualification.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOELF IBT – 85
- Cambridge English – B2
The selected candidates will be awarded
- East China Normal University
- Full or partial scholarships by the East China Normal University as below:
- Type A – Exempt from tuition fee and accommodation on campus; provide comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living expense (Doctoral program: CNY3500; Graduate program: CNY3000; Undergraduate program: CNY2500)
- Type B – Exempt from tuition fee and provide comprehensive medical insurance.