The University of Waikato is inviting applications for Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship. The grant is open for the academic year 2020/2021.
This award is open to both New Zealand citizens or permanent residents and international students. The bursary will cover the costs of domestic tuition fees and associated charges.
A great chance for worldwide students to get educational fund in New Zealand
User Review( votes)
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
Why at the University of Waikato? The university provides world-class education and research portfolio, providing a complete and dynamic university experience, specialized in character, and strong international links for advanced knowledge.
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
- Course Level: Undergraduate or completely taught postgraduate level
- Study Subject: award is awarded for studying any of the courses offered by the University of Waikato.
- Award: Up to $10,000 per annum
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: New Zealand and international students
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: New Zealand and international students can apply for these Sir Edmund Hillary scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for consideration for the award of the Scholarship, applicants must demonstrate:
- Academic achievement, as defined under section 4 below, and
- Significant achievement to date and potential to further excel in either
- A sporting code, or
- A performing or creative art, and
- Leadership qualities.
- Consideration of applications will also be subject to an assessment of:
- The alignment of the sport or performing or creative art concerned2 to the University’s Vision and to the Sir Edmund Hillary programme’s Purpose, and
- The University’s capability, in conjunction with relevant local agencies, to provide access to facilities and developmental support appropriate to the sport or performing or creative art.
- When selecting recipients, the Panel may take into account the applicant’s willingness and ability to fully participate in, and contribute to, the Sir Edmund Hillary programme.
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate or postgraduate degree coursework at the University of Waikato. After being registered, candidates will be automatically considered for this bursary.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: Candidates from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.