Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division are providing the HEARD PhD Scholarship programs at the University of KwaZulu–Natal (UKZN) in South Africa.
The scholarship is aimed at producing expertly qualified graduates to advise or to be part of influential policy-making or programme implementing entities in Africa, and to pursue additional research priorities.
A fine program for claimants.
User Review( votes)
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for PhD dissertation (full time) at the University of KwaZulu–Natal (UKZN).
- Scholarship Provider: HEARD – Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division
- Scholarship can be taken at South Africa
- Hold a Master’s Degree in a pertinent subject or a first or upper second class degree together with a track record of professional experience in a health o health-related field.
- Have demonstrable research experience.
- Undertake to register for a PhD dissertation (full time) at the University of KwaZulu–Natal (UKZN).
- Make a commitment to remain on the African continent for at least TWO years after graduation.
- Applications are invited from citizens of all African countries. Female candidates and, in the case of South Africa, those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of awards (s): HEARD is offering up to four full-time PhD research scholarships
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants have to apply online.
- A letter of motivation and CV
- An eight to ten-page concept note on one of HEARD’s key thematic research areas: Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights; Gender Equality and Health; Health Governance and Finance; and Health Systems Strengthening.
- Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and your full academic records. If qualifications were obtained from non-English speaking countries please ensure that an official English translation is included.
- A certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Two letters of reference, at least one of which must be academic. The second can be from an individual of professional standing.
The value of each scholarship is R540, 000 and will be paid in equal tranches over three years and payments will be conditional on research progress.
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 30, 2020