The Sistema Universitario Ana G. Méndez (SUAGM) or Ana G. Méndez University System (AGMUS)is a private institution of higher education in Puerto Rico.This institution was founded by Ana G. Mendez and was the first institution of higher education in PR according to IPEDS. Since its founding in the late 1940s, the Ana G. Méndez University System has remained faithful to its commitment to providing quality education for all.The SUAGM also has TV-Channel System Ana G. Méndez, the only television station in Puerto Rico affiliated with the Public Broadcasting System (PBS).
Sistema Universitario Ana G. Mendez (SUAGM)is a private nonprofit institution offering both undergraduate and graduate level coursework. There are several universities that are a part of this institution including the Universidad del Este, the Universidad del Turabo, the Universidad Metropolitana, the Metro Orlando Campus, and the South Florida Campus.
User Review( votes)
The AGMUS is a non-profit institution of higher education whose principal mission is to promote the cultural, social and economic development and well-being of the Puerto Rican society, as well as of other Hispanic communities outside of Puerto Rico, by offering educational opportunities for the benefit of the communities which it serves.
SUAGM operates and develops its educational mission through an integrated system composed of:
- Universidad del Este (UNE)
- Universidad del Turabo (UT)
- Universidad Metropolitana (UMET)
- Ana G. Méndez University-Virtual Campus (UAGM)
- System TV-Ana G. Méndez University Channel
- Central Administration
- Motto in English: Light of enlightenment
- Type: Private Research
- Established: 1941
- Founder: Ana G. Méndez
The SUAGM carries out and develops its educational mission through an integrated system of several institutions, composed of the following units:
- Eastern University– The Universidad del Este (UNE) is an institution of higher education that has a long history of offering programs that meet the highest standards of academic excellence. UNE campuses are located in various parts of Puerto Rico, and in the United States in Florida, Dallas, and Maryland.
- The university of Turabo– Turabo University (UT) is a non-profit institution of higher education. The Universidad delTurabo is a member of the Ana G Méndez University System. Founded in 1972, Turabo University has continued its expansion, reaching a student population of more than 15,000, made up of young adults and adult professional students.
- Metropolitan University– The Metropolitan University (UMET)is an institution of higher education, non-profit. It has four university centers located in Aguadilla, Bayamón, Comerío, and Jayuya. Currently, the Metropolitan University offers a variety of educational programs: doctorates, baccalaureate, masters and technical certificates.
- Ana G. Méndez University– Ana G. Méndez University (UAGM)is the fourth institution of the University System Ana G. Méndez (SUAGM) and the first distance in the virtual mode. Ana G. Méndez University has an instructional design unit dedicated to designing the courses online.
- USA Continental– In 2003, SUAGM began a successful expansion into the continental United States. Today, we have five University Centers in the United States. Three of them in the state of Florida: the Metro Orlando Campus, the Tampa Bay Campus, and the South Florida Campus; one in Maryland, the Capital Area Campus and the recently opened Dallas Area Campus in the state of Texas.
The Ana G. Méndez University System recognizes that internationalization is a vital and integral component to advance its aspiration to promote an international and global awareness for its students, faculty, and administrators. The Ana G. Méndez University System Internationalization Program (SUAGM) focuses on seven key areas:
- Educational programs abroad for students, faculty, and administrators
- International education and programs
- Internationalization of the curriculum
- Program Fulbright Scholars and Academic Program Visits and International Trade
- Alliances with federal agencies, non-profit organizations, corporations and international organizations
- International collaboration agreements with universities and institutions around the world
- international awards and search for external resources
You can apply for the International Talent Bank of the Ana G. Méndez University System. / Apply for their International Pool of Talents. The link is: https://hr.suagm.edu/empleointernacional/instituciones.aspx
The SUAGM‘s academic programs are offered to range from Associate Degrees, Baccalaureate, Master’s and Doctoral Programs.The SUAGM composed of four universities: Universidad del Este (UNE), Universidad Metropolitana (UMET), Universidad del Turabo G. Méndez Virtual Campus (UAGM) and 15 University Centers across the Island. In addition, it has established three university centers in the state of Florida: Orlando, Tampa Bay and Miramar in South Florida, one in the town of Wheaton in the state of Maryland and one in Dallas, Texas. The SUAGM also has TV-Channel System Ana G. Méndez, the only television station in Puerto Rico affiliated with the Public Broadcasting System (PBS).
Events and Internationalization
The Ana G. Méndez University System participates in international events and conferences that have helped promote the reputation of the University System as a leading institution of higher education globally. The Metropolitan University, Universidad del Este and Universidad del Turabo participate in this initiative.
- Study Trips with Academic Credit
- Microsoft Imagine Cup 2012 Winners of Science and Technology
- Encounter of rectors and students of Central America and Puerto Rico
- The international dimension from the perspective of relations between countries
- Faculty of UMET participates in an investiture ceremony of HonorisCausa doctors at the University of Granada
- Impulse to teaching and research with visiting faculty Fulbright
- ACE International Laboratory
- Visiting international academics, professionals, and dignitaries.
- Subsidies and external resources for international education
- International students
- International experience
- Vests for international education
- Participation of the faculty in international activities
- Alliances with federal agencies NGOs, corporations and other international organizations
Research is one of the pillars of the mission of each of the institutions that make up the SUAGM. It advances knowledge and understanding, supports education, improves the quality of life and promotes economic development.
SUAGM Academic Offer
- Eastern University
- University of Turabo
- Metropolitan University
- UAGM Campus Online
- Continuing Education
Ana G. Méndez University System
PO Box 21345, San Juan PR 00928-1345
Phone: (787)751-0178 Fax: (787)766-1706