Applications are invited from Chinese students for the award of Leiden CSC-Leiden University Joint Scholarship Program funded by Leiden University. The scholarship is available to pursue a research degree for the academic session 2019-20.
The aim of the scholarship is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership.
Wonderful opportunity for claimants
User Review( votes)
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands. Leiden University has seven faculties, over 50 departments.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue a PhD degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of
- Law – focus areas: International Law, Aviation and Space Law, Public Law and Private Law
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Humanities – focus areas: Linguistics, Art History & Literary Studies, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, Philosophy and Religion
- Science – focus areas: Mathematics, Computer Science, Astronomy, Physics, Chemistry, Drug Research, Biology and Environmental Sciences
The scholarship includes:
- Exemption from registration fee and tuition/bench fee
- Living allowance of € 1,350 per month (including health insurance)
- Return ticket (to/from The Netherlands)
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
- be citizens of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application.
- have a Master’s degree.
- be under the age of 35.
- meet the academic entry requirements of the relevant graduate school.
- have a high level of English language proficiency.
See the graduate school website for required language test scores.
- have a letter of acceptance for a PhD program at Leiden University.
- satisfy the CSC selection criteria by completing the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form.
Nationality: Chinese applicants can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have masters degree
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply
- Find a PhD position and supervisor at Leiden University.
Visit the website of the relevant graduate school for details of how to do so.
- Once you have found a PhD position and supervisor, apply for admission to a PhD programme at the graduate school in question.
- After admission, ask your supervisor to write an acceptance letter using one of the formats below. The letter must be signed and written on university letterhead paper:
- Science faculty candidates only: Your PhD supervisor (promotor) must send a copy of your acceptance letter to the Graduate School of Science ([email protected]).
Candidates for all other faculties: Your PhD supervisor (promotor) must send a copy of your acceptance letter to the Scholarships Team ([email protected]).
Application Deadline: Closed