Scholars striving for professional achievement in their respective fields are presented this wonderful opportunity by Southern Illinois University. SIU is awarding Master’s Research Fellowships for the academic year 2023-2024.
The fellowship application can be made by US citizens, permanent residents and international students who are pursuing their master-level studies at Southern Illinois University. Academically excellent candidates having achieved a GPA of 3.50 will be considered eligible. The fellowship award includes full tuition fee coverage and a monthly stipend for up to 11 months of study.
Great offer for international students in the USA
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1869, Southern Illinois University is a public research university in Carbondale, Illino. It is the oldest and flagship campus of the Southern Illinois University system. SIU is a nationally ranked public research university and regional economic catalyst, ranks 263rd out of 443 National Universities and 1126th in Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at Southern Illinois University? Southern Illinois University creates and exchanges knowledge to shape future leaders, improve its communities, and transform lives. It follows a unique tradition of access and opportunity, inclusive excellence, innovation in research and creativity, and outstanding teaching focused on nurturing student success and achieving their desired level of satisfaction.
Application Deadline: 20th February 2023
- University or Organization: Southern Illinois University
- Department: Grad School
- Course Level: Master Research
- Award: Tuition fee and Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: U.S. citizens, permanent residents/immigrants, and international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master’s research programmes offered at the Grad School of Southern Illinois University can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have strong letters of recommendation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be made via the university portal. To apply for the fellowship, interested students must submit the supporting document in PDF form and submit it via mail to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Fellowship packet checklist
- Application for a fellowship award
- Personal statement
- Departmental fellowship nomination form
- Letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have attained an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.40, an undergraduate grade point average for the last two years of at least 3.50, or score at or above the 75th percentile on a standardized test such as the GRE, MAT, or GMAT (if applicable).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- IELTS – 6.5
The Southern Illinois University Grad School will award the selected students this fellowship that will cover the full tuition fee and a monthly stipend for two semesters and one summer session, a total of eleven (11) months.