To enable students to pursue a PhD degree programme in Spain, the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias is currently offering PhD Fellowships for outstanding candidates.
There are six studentships available to Non-UE Students who want to undertake a PhD degree programme at the IAC for the academic session 2021/2022.
Great chance for Non-UE Students to apply for PhD study in Spain.
User Review( votes)
The Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) is an astrophysical research institute located in the Canary Islands. IAC is made up of a central headquarters in San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Tenerife, an astrophysics center (CALP) on La Palma, and its two observatories
Why study at Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC)? The IAC’s mission is to conduct and promote all types of astrophysics-related research and to disseminate this knowledge.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
- University: Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Six
- Nationality: Non-UE citizens
- The award can be taken in Spain
- Eligible Countries: If you are a citizen of a country not belonging to the European Union, you can apply for this position
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered, applicants must have a degree in Physics or Mathematics or specialty one and Physics or Engineering for speciality 2.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, use the online application system, https://iac.sede.gob.es/procedimientos/portada/ida/0/idp/424/language/en to achieve the PhD positions.
- Supporting Documents: Must provide all the following documents:
- Application Form (Annex IV) completed and signed specifying which field the candidate is applying for (1 or 2).
- Photocopy of your passport
- Photocopy of the University Degree
- Academic Certificate containing:
- Official Stamp.
- Date when studies were complete
- List of subjects studied during the whole Degree program
Marks and dates obtained
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have The score of the degree must be 7,0 (on a scale of 1 to 10) or higher for bachelor’s degrees and 7,5 for Master’s Degree.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Only the selected person will be able to enjoy and which comprises the following concepts: plane ticket (processed by the IAC) and two-week stay module (processed by the IAC), not being able to exceed the amount of 2.500 Euros.