The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) established in collaboration with MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is now accepting applications for fully-funded positions to pursue Master of Science and PhD programs. All international students are eligible to apply for this application program.
Skoltech aims to provide the maximum financial aidto of its students. All admitted Master’s and PhD students will receive an academic stipend as well as full tuition, housing, and medical insurance.
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private research and academic institute located in Skolkovo, Moscow (capital of Russia). Founded in 2011 with MIT collaboration, Skoltech will be responsible for preparing the new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, expanding the range of scientific knowledge, and stimulating technological innovation with the goal of solving important technological research problems that Russia and the rest of the world may face in the future.
The Master of Science programs are two years. Students will complete a thesis. All students accepted into MSc programs will receive(i) a tuition waiver(covering the full price of tuition) as well as (ii) a basic starting stipend of 40k RUB (around 550 EUR; tax free) which goes to 55k RUB(around 780 EUR; tax free) after proven performance for six months and (iii) medical insurance.
The PhD programs are for four years. Those accepted into PhD programs will receive(i) a tuition waiver(covering the full price of tuition) as well as(ii) a basic starting stipend of 85k RUB(around 1200 EUR; tax free) which goes to 105k RUB(1500 EUR; tax free) after proven performance for twelve months and(iii) medical insurance.
- Application Deadline: Application deadlines for MSc and PhD program are:
MSc programs: June 16, 2019PhD programs: July 22, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue MSc and PhD programs.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the following subjects: Data Science, Information Science and Technology, Materials Science, Energy Systems, Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, Life Sciences, Petroleum Engineering, Space and Engineering Systems, Photonics and Quantum Materials, Mathematical and Theoretical Physics programs
- Award: Significant stipends are available, which depend on students’ academic standing, starting at 40.000 RUR per month at MSc programs. Free medical insurance. Variety of academic mobility programs.
- Number of Awards: More than 300 for MSc students and more than 100 for PhD students (adjustable).
- Nationality: Domestic, as well as International students
- The award can be taken in Russia
- Eligible Countries: Domestic, as well as International students, are eligible to apply for this application program.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity
Master’s Programs: an appropriate bachelor’s degree, or it’s equivalent, from a recognized UniversityDoctoral Programs: an appropriate master’s degree, or it’s equivalent, from a recognized UniversityWho can apply?Applications are open to domestic and international students. Applicants must be in their final year of their undergraduate studies or hold a higher education degree (Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or Specialist degree) in one of the following areas of study: mathematics, technical science, applied science, physics, chemistry, biology, or related areas. Additionally, you must have a record of success in your studies as well as knowledge of English.Skoltech focuses on acquiring the highest levels of talent and applicants must meet at least the minimum requirements. Those who hold a degree in humanities or social sciences must have extended knowledge in one of the five areas of study offered by Skoltech.As Skoltech receives many more applications each year from excellent candidates than we have placements available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
- English Language Requirements: If Available: Official TOEFL or IELTS results (if English is not the native language of the applicant)
How to Apply: The Skoltech offers an online application at the website to make the process quick and simple for potential students. Before beginning the application, we advise that you carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.
The application includes a CV, 2 letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Submission of either TOEFL or IELTS test results is required by “Selection Weekend”. Applicants who did not get a chance to take any of these official tests will be able to take the TOEFL ITP during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech (for free).