The SME Education Foundation invites applications for the 2019-2020 SME Education foundation grant. This is open to the students who are pursuing a degree in an engineering discipline closely related to manufacturing or a technology field of study related to manufacturing.
The foundation will offer a fund from $1,000 – $6,000 which can be used for tuition, books or lab/course fees related to attaining a technical or engineering education. The fund is available on U.S. and Canadian pupils who are pursuing a degree in a qualifying major.
Valuable funding for U.S. and Canadian Students.
User Review( votes)
The SME Education Foundation inspires, prepares and supports manufacturing career opportunities for holders at every level. Created by SME in 1979, the foundation has provided more than $33 million in grants, and awards and has supported pupil outreach and education programs through its partnerships with corporations, foundations, organizations, and individual donors.
Applications Deadline: Closed
- These are available to candidates from the United States or Canada.
- Must be a graduating high school senior, current undergraduate or graduate holder who will be enrolling as part-time or full-time undergraduate or graduate pupil, attending accredited colleges or universities in the United States or Canada for the next fall term.
- These are only available to citizens of the U.S. and territories, citizens of Canada, learners with permanent residency status in the U.S. (i.e. green card) or Canada, or applicants with the U.S. or Canadian pupil visa.
- High school seniors, undergraduates, and graduate candidates pursuing degrees in advanced manufacturing and related fields at two- and four-year colleges.
- Engineering discipline closely related to manufacturing or a technology field of study related to manufacturing.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the free study, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://scholarships.smeef.org/applications/
- Supporting Documents: No need to require supporting documents to apply this free study.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must be pursuing a degree in a qualifying major and have a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or 70 on a 100 point (%) scale. Most awards have a minimum GPA of 3.0/80.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Awards range from $1,000 – $6,000 and can be used for tuition, books or lab/course fees related to attaining a technical or engineering education. The Family includes one (1) award in an amount of $40,000 and Three (3) grants of $20,000 each, all payable over four years.