Stephen F. Austin State University is strongly encouraging all qualified Texas students to apply for the Smith-Hutson scholarship.
The program is open for entering freshmen who are seeking four years of an undergraduate degree at SFA University. Students who have financial need and academic potential are encouraged to apply.
A great offer for Texas students to study undergraduate with education fund toward tuition, books, fees, and reasonable living expenses.
User Review( votes)
Stephen F. Austin State University (SFA) has six colleges and within each college, you’ll find a variety of departments offering opportunities in virtually every field imaginable. Through its SFA Graduate School, it offers 44 masters and three doctoral degrees.
Why at Stephen F. Austin State University? At SFA University, students have the option to explore more than 120 areas of study including majors, minors, and concentrations. It offers also the convenience of online classes with a choice of 20 online degree programs.
- University or Organization: Stephen F. Austin State University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition, books, fees, and reasonable living expenses
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Resident of Texas states
- The award can be taken in the US
- Eligible Countries: Applications from a resident of the state of Texas will be accepted
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded for undergraduate studies in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant must:
- Be a legal resident of the state of Texas
- Have applied or been accepted for admission
- Demonstrate financial need supported with a completed FAFSA
- Be unmarried with no children, and
- Be available for a personal interview on the SFA campus on April 15 or 16, 2019.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: When you’re ready to apply, you can do so in mySFA by following these steps: 1) Log in to mySFASelect the Financial Aid tab, and 2) Select SFA application, and 3) Within the application, you can: Request references by submitting names and email addresses and Complete your essay.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to provide a personal essay describing career goals, two letters of recommendation, and a transcript.
- Admission Requirements: Recipient maintains a cumulative grade point average (GPA) at SFA of at least a 2.5 and completes a minimum of 30 semester credit hours toward their degree each academic year.
- The Stephen F. Austin State University provides sufficient assistance to cover tuition, books, fees, and reasonable living expenses on campus.
- Recipients are required to live together in the same housing unit on campus unless commuting or living with family.
Application Deadline: Feb. 28.
Note: Students must complete the SFA General application by February 1 to be eligible to submit additional information for the Smith-Hutson scholarship.