The Dorrance Family has established the Dorrance program to provide financial and academic support for Arizona’s eligible first-generation college students.
The program is open for incoming freshmen from Arizona states who wish to study in Arizona State University at Tempe, or Northern Arizona University at Flagstaff, or the University of Arizona at Tucson in the US.
An admirable chance for Arizona resident to get a study fund for the college education.
User Review( votes)
The program is valuable with many benefits and provides renewable-based award on academic achievement and exemplary participation in grant program activities.
Application Deadline: February 7, 2020
- University or Organization: Dorrance Family
- Department: NA
- Course Level: College or university degree courses or programs
- Award: $12,000 per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 36
- Nationality: Resident of Arizona
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Application are invited only from Arizona State
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: Eligible students meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Arizona
- Seniors in good standing who will graduate from an accredited Arizona high school
- First-generation to attend college (neither parent/stepparent holds a four-year degree)
- Minimum combined SAT score of 1110 OR composite ACT score of 22 (excludes writing the score in both instances)
- Demonstrated financial need (fafsa.gov)
- Accepted by one of Arizona’s three state universities*
- Demonstrated leadership and volunteer service
- Agree to participate in all aspects of the study fund program and must be able to travel internationally
- Agree to live on campus during freshman and sophomore year
- Successfully complete the summer bridge program in Flagstaff, AZ
- Incoming freshman attending.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants are required to take admission in the state’s one of three public universities: Arizona State University (Tempe), Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff), and University of Arizona (Tucson). Check out complete detail of the award here.
- Supporting Documents: The program requires you to submit SAT or ACT test scores and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Admission Requirements: For the program, applicants must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA (weighted or unweighted). Admission requirements vary according to the university in which you wish to study.
- Language Requirement: Students must have good command in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
The program will provide all the following benefits:
- $12,000 per year
- 8 semesters of funding
- Dorrance advisor
- Cultural enrichment
- Community outreach opportunities
- Tutoring and mentoring
- Pre-college bridge program
- International study/travel
- Innovation experience
- Internship opportunities