The Sochon Foundation is providing Sochon Foundation Scholarship for students undertaking a full-time post-graduate programme in Korean Studies at SOAS in the UK. The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
SOAS, University of London is the only higher education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. Uniquely combining language scholarship, disciplinary expertise and regional focus, it has the largest concentration in Europe of academic staff concerned with Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
A valuable study program for applicants.
User Review( votes)
It aims to make the expertise of its members more widely available to the wider world by engaging with governments, businesses, NGOs the charity sector, the media, and beyond.
IELTS or TOEFL or Pearsons Test results are valid for 2 years. The university will accept tests taken up to two years preceding the programme start date.
- Course Level: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing the MA degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available in the following areas:
- MA in Korean Studies and Intensive Language (Korean)
- MA History of Art and Archaeology of East Asia and Intensive Language (Korean). N.B. 90 credits (i.e. 60 credit dissertation plus 30 others, of the non-language component) should be in Korea-related subjects.
- MA History of Art and Archaeology (Korean). N.B. 75 credits (ie. 60 credit dissertation plus 15 credits on Korean art history)
- MA History and Intensive Language (Korean). N.B. 90 credits (i.e. 60 credit dissertation plus 30 others, of the non-language component) should be in Korea-related subjects.
- MA in Korean Studies
- Research Degrees (MPhil/PhD) in Japanese and Korean Studies
- Awards: The value of each bursary is up to £6,000 for students classified as Overseas for fee purposes and up to £3,000 for students classified as Home/EU for fee purposes.
- Scholarship can be taken at the UK
Applicants can apply for this scholarship if they meet the following:
- Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants. Priority will be given to Overseas applicants.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to the degree programme by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS.
Nationality: The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application which will open on 25 January 2022.
- In addition to the online scholarship application, new applicants only (new admissions, starting in September 2022), must submit a complete online application for admission.
- Supporting Material: In addition to the online scholarship application form, applicants will also need two references. Applicants can send the reference form to each of their referees together with a copy of their completed scholarship application form.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent).
- English Language Requirement: In order to ensure that SOAS students have a sufficient standard of English to study effectively, the university requires overseas students to submit evidence, during the application process, of their current level of proficiency.
Application Deadline: Applications will open on January 25, 2022, and close on 1 May 2022