Applications are invited for the Branco Weiss Fellowships from the young researchers around the world. This research fellowship is a unique postdoctoral program and provides freedom to work on whatever topic they choose anywhere in the world.
The fellowship is open for applicants of all nationalities and it supports postdoctoral researchers after their PhD and before their first faculty appointment. The program is open to researchers at the postdoctoral level in all disciplines.
User Review( vote)
The fellowship was established in 2002, it is financed by the Swiss entrepreneur Dr. Branco Weiss. The program is fully based at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH).
Why at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich? The institute provides so many opportunities for students, they can find the best research and educational workplace at the highest standard.
- University or Organization: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
- Department: Research
- Course Level: Postdoctoral program
- Award: CHF 100,000 per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: All Nationalities
- The award can be taken in: Abroad (any academic institution of student’s choice around the world)
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Researchers from around the world are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Fellows are free to select any research area of their choice anywhere in the world, for up to five years. Ideally, fellows pursue unconventional projects in new areas of science, engineering, and social sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: The grant is open for PhD holders.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity , the applicants need to enroll at any university in any subject or course you wish to study. After taken admission, applicants are eligible to submit required material and information for your online application starting October 2019 for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: To be applying for the fellowship, applicants must submit required documents letter of motivation including a statement explaining why your research differs from the mainstream (max. 1 page), your proposed research project (max. 4 pages, plus references), your CV (max. 4 pages), copies of your three best publications, application overview (download template here), including a reasoning of why you believe that you are a perfect candidate for a Branco Weiss Fellowship (max. 1000 characters).
- Admission Requirements: For admission at the university candidates, must have a bachelor’s degree or 180 credits ECTS (European credit transfer system), respectively.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Deadline: Applicants must apply in October 2019 for the January 15, 2020 deadline.
- Benefit: A Branco Weiss Fellowship will cover the award amount is CHF 100,000 per year. It also covers all legitimate costs of research (i.e. salary and/or equipment, travel expenses, consumables, personnel, etc.)